Chapter 22.

I stood still, my mind and body filled with panic. However, it just took me just a moment to start pacing back and forth, thinking about a way to get out of my house without Liam noticing.

"Are you ready?" he called from the kitchen, startling me.

"Yes... yea," I spoke, trying to sound calm, "just a second."

I removed a lock of hair from my face and I started to frantically look for a way to get out. I could just come up with the idea of climbing out the window. I turned to the door to make sure Liam was not coming upstairs and then ran towards the only chance I had. I unhooked the latches and lifted the glass as silently as possible. The cold air hit me and I regreted putting on a pair of shorts but there was no time to get changed again. I lifted one leg, then the other and I climbed up the roof, crawling up to the edge. I looked down to the floor and let my feet slide down the wall while I was clutching from the chute and when I was sure I was a few inches away from the floor, I let myself fall. Harry and I had escaped a million times through my window, so the height wasn't a problem.

As soon as I reached the floor I started to run down the road to the woods. The only thing I could think about was Summer. I couldn't let them hurt her. I didn't even think about the risk I was taking and once I got to the corner of the block, I went into the woods and rushed towards the hill as fast as I could. When I reached the small fence and looked at the lonely oak in the middle of the meadow, memories came back to my mind, making my stomach churn and that horrible lump in my throat return. But I couldn't cry, not now.

I looked around, waiting to find somebody, with the worst scene playing on my mind. There was no one in sight, and for a moment I thought it was all some kind of joke.

"Summer!" I said aloud. "Summer, where are you?"

I caught a glimpse of something blue near the railway, something that looked like my sister's jacket. I ran towards it, desperate, and the closer I got, the more it seemed to be Summer, lying on the brown metal.

"Oh my god" I said, already crouched beside her. I removed the jacket with a wave of relief over my body but, to my surprise, she wasn't under the garment.

"I tricked you" someone behind me announced with a terrifying voice.

I steeled myself to turn around and face him, and when I did it, my jaw dropped. I wanted to talk, run, scream, but before I could move, he had already begun to tie a piece of cloth around my mouth.

Liam.

"Are you ready?" I called from the bottom of the stairs.

"Yes... yea. Just a second!" she answered.

I went back to the couch and let myself fall on it. I waited for another ten minutes and when seeing she wasn't coming downstairs I started to get kind of pissed. Why was she taking so long?

"Come on Sky!" I said again from the foot of the stairs, but there was no answer. "Sky, are you alright?" I asked while starting to go up, thinking that maybe she had delayed trying clothes on, but once again there was no answer. I knocked on the door and then entered but, to my surprise,  her room was empty. I looked for her in the wardrobe and under the bed. Then in the bathroom. Nothing. I dialed her number and waited for her to answer but a Coldplay song echoed in the room making me startle. Where was she?

A cold airstream caught my attention and I realized the window was opened. The first thing that crossed my mind was that she had went back to Niall's house, so I ran downstairs, got into my car and drove there. Why had she left without telling me anything? She could've told me and I would've understood without having to worry so much. I felt as she was my responsibility, I couldn't leave her alone and let anything happen to her.