Chapter 20.

"Seriously? That song?" she giggled.

"The Beatles are amazing."

"Could be..." She hugged her pillow tighter. "So... were you the one who broke the mugs?"

"I thought you didn't believe in ghosts and all that stuff..."

"Well, I changed my mind" she complained.

"Really?" I asked, a little thrilled that she could possibly realize I was there.

"Kind of." She shrugged. "Come on, tell me, was it you?"

"Nope."

"So who was it then?"

"A friend of mine."

"The dead have friends?"

"Yea, I guess. Just other dead people."

"Cool. I'm glad you're not alone" she said with a smile and my chest ached.

"Me too. You and Liam seem to be getting on really well."

"What?" She frowned.

"I mean, if the cups hadn't fallen you would've kissed him, right?" I asked after a long pause, but she didn't answer. I bowed my head down, feeling jealousy taking over me again. "It's okay, you know... you and Liam." I looked back at her waiting for a response but she stood silent. "Someday you have to let go the memories..." I whispered with tears forming in the corner of my eyes. It was the hardest thing I had ever had to say.

The front door opened with a loud noise and behind it, voices were heard.

"Oh, hi Liam! Where's Sky?" her mother asked.

"Hi! She's upstairs."

"Sky!" Summer shouted "We're home!"

Sky's eyes opened all of a sudden. She looked confused. She rubbed her nose, got up from the bed and went downstairs. I was so stupid. I should've let her know I was still there, but every time I remembered Liam I felt as if she didn't need me anymore.

Skye.

A gasp escaped from my lips and I left my phone fall onto my lap.

"What's wrong?" Liam asked, grabbing my phone and taking a look at the message. "Who's this?" he inquired angrily, hiss voice rising.

"I don't know" I murmured and felt a lump in my throat again. Someone was after me and was going to kill me. He had told me, and I was completely sure he was going to do it.

"Hey look at me" Liam ordered, but I didn't do so. "Sky."

"I'm gonna die" I whispered. My vision was blurred by the tears that threatened to come out and my heart was beating faster. Liam grabbed my chin and forced me to look up at him. His eyes were full of fear, just as mine.

"You're not going to die. What if this is a stupid joke?"

"It's not." I shook my head. "They killed Harry, then Amber. I'm next." I gritted my eyes, allowing a few tears to roll down my cheeks.

"If they think they're going to hurt you, they're really wrong. I won't let nobody put a finger on you." My breathing was heavier every second, impulsed by the terror inside of me. I wanted to run and hide but that wouldn't help at all.

"I can't do this to you. What if they hurt you?" I said. My body was shivering.

"Listen. I won't let nobody hurt you, okay?" He caressed my cheek with his thumbs, wiping my tears gently. I nodded and he gazed at me for a few seconds, concern clear in his eyes.

"I have to go see someone." I rubbed my eyes and stood up. "I won't take long. I'll be back in a few minutes."

"Sky, I won't let you go on your own if someone's after you. I'll take you."

"Okay" I sighed. "I need to talk to Niall."