Chapter 13.

Sky.

Flashback.

-See you at the park at 7:00. I've got you a surprise. Harry.

I smiled to my phone screen and then sent a message back:

-I can't wait! I hope it's a good one. Sky.

 I glanced at the clock. It was 6:15 p.m. I decided to take a shower and then I put on a white summer dress with a mahogany belt and a pair of sandals. I ran downstairs, said goodbye to mom and Summer and got out of my house. 

I headed to the park through the woods, jumping the little fence and crossing to the other side of the railway. I jumped to the yellow meadow and cursed at myself when I tripped on a branch and almost fell to the floor. While looking for Harry, the hem of my dress flamed because of the soft and warm wind, as if someone was shaking it from its sides. I felt free.

My phone vibrated in my pocket, making me stop in my tracks. I pushed away a strand of hair which was covering my face and I narrowed my eyes to read the message more clearly.

-I bet you can't find me.

-I bet I can, idiot.

I smiled and glanced around with my hand on my forehead, protecting my eyes from the sun's rays. I took some more steps forward but I couldn't find him.

And then my phone vibrated again.

-I like that dress. Where did you got it from?

I chuckled, remembering he had given it to me for my birthday the previous month. I decided not to answer to his text message and instead I shouted.

"You bought it, idiot. Now, show yourself!"

Instantly, I felt two arms on my hips and a tickling near my ear.

"It looks really good on you. I think I made a good choice." I shuddered as feeling him so close to me. I turned to face him and I punched him softly in his chest.

"Pervert."

"Hey, I could be if I wanted to. That was nothing." He winked one eye at me, laughing, and he took my hand, intertwining his fingers with mine. It was normal for us. We were best friends and it didn't mean anything else than that.

"So, what's the big surprise?" I asked.

"You'll see. Well, not really. I have to cover your eyes until we get there." He stood next to me and covered my eyes with both of his hands.

"If I fall you'll face the consequences."

"Don't worry, I won't let anything happen to you."

I grinned and let him guide myself. We walked under the burning sun for some minutes and despite the dense air it was nice to have a little warmth after so many days of rain.

"We're going down a small hill, be careful" he warned. I tried to focus on being steady while I clumsily walked on the grass. Suddenly, he removed his hands from my face and before I could open my eyes, Harry lifted me on both of his arms; one behind my waist and the other under my knees.

"What the hell are you doing?" I said and rapidly made sure that my underwear wasn't showing. "Let me go!" I exclaimed hitting his chest with my fists and hanging from his neck not to fall.

"This will be faster. Hey, stop! That hurts" he complained. "If you keep hitting me we will both fall onto the ground. And that would be worse than bearing a few meters in my arms. Just be quiet."