To Be A Knight

*A/N: This is the same story on Quotev: Behind Every Great Man, just so no-one gets confused. I wrote this a long time ago, so my writing style has changed quite a bit since then, but people seemed to enjoy it still so I won't change it. I first wrote this as WWYFF: 'Who Would You Fall For?' So along with the story you get the perspectives of each guy at the end of the chapter. And at the very end of the book, you get to choose which guy you fell for, and the ending that you prefer. :) Have fun my knights!

Glancing at yourself in the tall mirror in your dorm room, your heart fluttered with excitement. Today was the day of the Wing Ceremony!!!! Taking a good long look at yourself, you hoped your outfit was a good choice for today... Not like you were worried or anything, but you so wanted that chance to become a Knight of Skyloft. A thought suddenly crossed your mind. You're the only girl competing this year, and against Groose! Sure he might be kinda dim, but he is also very strong. There was the chance of him winning, but no! You had to win! It was one of the only chances you had to get recognized on this small island!

Taking a deep breath you smiled at yourself. Suddenly you heard a loud *thump* in the room next to you. Wondering what was going on, knowing it was Link's room, you quickly walked over and knocked on his door, "Link? Is everything okay?" Not getting an answer, you opened the door slightly, sticking your head in, "Link?" To your surprise, he was plastered on the floor, tangled in a cocoon of blankets, groaning. You wanted to laugh, but restrained yourself when you saw the blue head of a loftwing sticking through the window. She cooed and spat out a small piece of paper at Link's forehead.

You felt your face turn red hot as the loftwing disappeared. The letter was no doubt from Zelda, and she was someone you really didn't get along with. Your admiration of Link had made sure of that. You quickly remembered Link, "Hey, you okay?"

He groaned as he sat up, rubbing his head, "Yeah, sometimes I wish I could sleep in without Zelda waking me up like that." He began reading the scented letter.

Your hopes quickly flew, "I know. You should be able to at least get a good rest before the. . ."

"Oh, shoot!" Link cut you short, "I forgot I have to meet Zelda before the Ceremony!" He tossed the letter aside and tugged on his boots while he hopped towards the door, "Talk to you later _____!" And with that, he dashed out the door.

"Yeah, okay. Good luck at the Ceremony!" You shouted the last few words as he jogged out the door.

Well, you'd better get in some practice if you wanna win. You thought, hurrying out of the academy. You were about to race down the stairs towards the launching platform, when a voice cried out to you, "Hey, ____!" Glancing behind you, you saw Instructor Horwell leaning over the top wall of the academy.

"Hi Horwell! How are you?!" You raised your voice.

The instructor grinned, "Couldn't be better. I just wanted to wish you good luck at the Ceremony today!"

"Thanks! I'm hoping to get some practice in before hand!" You gestured to the launching platform.

He smiled, "Well, good luck again! Don't let Groose get ahead of you!"

"Thanks!" You shout as you disappeared down the stone stairs.

Stepping up to the edge of the platform, you try to push all other thoughts from your mind. Taking a deep breath, you were about to jump when a sharp whistle sounded from somewhere below Skyloft. You expected to hear a screech from a loftwing to follow the signal, but none came. Glancing off the edge of the platform you saw a figure falling towards the clouds. You suddenly knew what was going on. Someone had called for their loftwing and it didn't come.