Pipit's Distress

*This is a chapter in Pipit's perspective, so you know what's happening while you're away! ;D

Pipit released a long sigh as he dragged his feet into the Pumpkin Place, and found an empty table in the corner of the tavern. Signaling down a maid, he ordered a tall beaker of red wine. Normally he never drank. Feeling like it dulled his senses and messed with his ability to fight, but today... He craved it. He just wanted to be hit in the back of the head and for all of this to just go away. Taking a swig of the sweet nectar, he brushed his hat off and massaged his temples. With everything that has been going on with Link and ___, it had given him a whale of a headache.

Actually it was more or less all the digging he'd been doing while they were away, and the fact that he broke up with Karane. She was sweet and head strong, but she wasn't ___. Pipit gritted his teeth. He so desperately wanted to see what they experienced down on the Surface. What was it like, who lived there and where was Zelda anyway? He spent hours in the library researching ancient texts for clues, and even pestered Gaepora. Why his best friends decided to keep him in the dark through about all this boggled his mind. He could help if they needed it!

He closed his eyes, imagining wild adventures where he would be ___'s savior, and she would thank him and invite him along in her quest. He snorted. Highly unlikely.

"A bit stressed are we?" A wicked and smooth voice interrupted his thoughts.

Pipit whipped his head up to face that pale man that was in ___'s room a few nights ago, and he remembered how this man was supposedly their enemy. With lighting reflexes, Pipit drew his knife and tried to slash at him.

The man jerked his head, and the knife suddenly flew out of his grasp, "Now, now. I'm just here to talk. Sit please..." He forced his hand toward Pipit, and knocked him back into the chair. Pipit struggled against some unknown force, like an elephant sitting on his chest, and the man chuckled darkly, "That's better. Don't want to cause a scene now do we?"

Pipit sneered, trying desperately to free himself, "What do you want?"

The man grinned and leaned against the chair opposite him, "Merely to introduce myself, I am the Demon Lord Ghirahim of 'the Surface.'"

"I've heard," Pipit's memory flashed back to the night he walked in on ___ in her room. Seeing this lord pressing himself against her. He shivered, "And I know you are among ___'s greatest enemies."

Ghirahim's eyes twinkled with mischief, "Really? There have been moments between us that would suggest otherwise..."

Pipit gritted his teeth in anger as images of this demon lord and ___ blinked across the blackness of his mind. Ghirahim easily took notice and taunted him, "Oh, you've fallen for her as well? Seems like everyone has taken a liking to this heroine."

"What do you mean?"

Ghirahim looked innocently around, fiddling with a strange black dagger, "Oh nothing in particular, just that Link also seems to agree with the two of us." He took a glance at Pipit's intense eyes and smiled, "You remember the night when you barged in on ___ and I? Well just moments before, Link and ___ were getting a little personal in his dorm room..."

"Shut-up!" Pipit hissed, and immediately seeing the pleasure on Ghirahim's face knowing it was a mistake to show his weakness, "I know ___. She would never..."

"Well then you don't know her as well as you thought then..." Ghirahim snickered, "You really want to know what they've been doing all this time on the Surface? And don't play dumb with me. I've seen you tearing apart all those ancient books."

Pipit hesitated between answers. Whoever this Demon Lord was, he was backing him into a corner quickly and with ease. He pursed his lips, "What do you really want?"

Ghirahim's grin widened, and he leaned forward on the table, pointing the dagger in Pipit's face, "Just to tell you the truth."