Sent Home

You let out a long sigh. Relieved that you had survived your encounter with Ghirahim. You still felt a bit dizzy, but for the most part you could function on your own. Link was breathing heavily as he sheathed his sword, "Are you ok, ____?" He put his hand on your shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm ok," You winced as he touched the wound on your back, "mostly..."

Link put his hand to his head, "What are you doing down here?! I...How did you get here?!"

You bit your lip at his reaction, "I followed you down here... Look, I want to help!"

"But how did you... Ugh... it doesn't matter. What matters is that he could have killed you!" Link gestured to your wounds.

"Yeah, but he didn't..."

"Because I showed up!" His voiced raised, "He was gonna..." He turned away at the thought of what he had witnessed, "Let's just get you home."

"But I want to help!"

"If you really want to help me, then stay in Skyloft..." He walked to the other side of the room and opened the door, "Then I know you're safe."

Seeing there was no point in arguing with Link, you followed him into a bright outdoor temple. Waterfalls poured over the edge of the cliffs, filling the area around the temple walkway. At the far end of the temple stood a statue of the goddess, and beneath it floated her symbol.

You glanced over to Link who had drawn his sword and climbed the steps toward the symbol, "Why are we here? Zelda is already gone."

Link lowered himself into the water, wading over to the goddess's symbol, "It may give me a clue to where she fled."

You followed him into the water up to your waist, and you suddenly felt a tingling sensation on your leg where one of the daggers had sliced you. Glancing down, you saw the wound had completely healed over. You realized the power of the water, and took a deep breath before submerging. As you went under you felt the same tingle on your arm, neck and back. Standing back up again, you were soaked but the wounds you received were completely healed. Even your clothes were washed clean of any blood.

You wanted to show Link what the water was capable of, but you held your tongue. Link had raised his sword point to the sky, and now the blade glowed with a blue light. In one sweep, Link brought his sword point down to face the goddess's symbol. It spun in mid air and glowed unnaturally.

With a chime, Fi, the spirit woman appeared from Link's sword, "Master, I have a message written in the language of the gods of old. Allow me to translate it for you." Fi began to dance upon the water with the grace of a ballerina, "This is Skyview Spring. The spirit maiden, Zelda must travel from here to the Earth Spring to purify her body. It is hidden away deep within the scorched earth of Eldin. The spirit maiden is headed there now." Fi stopped behind you as a weathered piece of rock floated from the statue of the goddess towards Link.

Link received the map in earnest, and turned to Fi, "I suppose I have to return this to the alter in Skyloft."

Fi nodded, "Doing so will likely open a new column of light on the surface."

Link looked over at you, "It's time for us to return home. And let's hope you'll stay there?" He gave you a warning look.

You sighed at his warning command. There was no way you could let him just go off on his own, not now. For the entire flight back to Skyloft, you planned out how you could get to Eldin without Link noticing, and maybe get another head start. But first, you need to be better equipped.

As you landed back in the plaza near the light tower, Link immediately took off in the direction of the goddess statue without saying a word to you. Taking your chance, you ran up the steps towards the bazar, making a list in your mind of what you need for travel, and if you encountered Ghirahim again. Going through the colorful tent, you made your way through the people towards the weapons counter. A short and skinny man came running up to you with a wide grin on his face, "Ah ha, welcome to my shop! I hope you'll take a look at a few of my objects for sale."