Sneaking About

Digging your way out of prison was more difficult than you thought. Link lead the way, while you pushed all the dirt out behind you. By the end you both were smothered in black, hot dirt with a greed for fresh air. The dry heat of the volcano sucked all your energy as the two of you emerged behind your prison, and quietly sneaked around the guards. The thrill of the whole thing was exciting, not to mention a bit horrifying. What if you were caught?

You honestly didn't want to think about it. It would just add to the stress of the moment, and you needed to be on your toes constantly. Once the two of you cleared the guard's hut, you raced down the torchlit tunnel and quickly halted at the sight of Eldin. The sky roared black soot as the volcano spewed out molten rock and sparks, covering the sun completely. It left you in the dark with the lava as your only light. You tried to find decent footing with out a torch as your eyes adjusted.

Link peered around a large boulder and surveyed the area, "They're guarding all of our weapons separately... And they've placed look out towers all around, even patrols are out." He took in a deep breath, "This is going to be tricky getting around them without being noticed."

You bit your lip in thought, "We can always distract them... Hey come on, we can do this right? I mean we are..."

Link clamped his hand over your mouth and put a finger to his lips. You're eyes went wide as you saw a bokoblin stomp around the corner holding a lantern. It stopped a few feet behind you and stretched, belching loud enough to wake the dead. You wrinkled your nose, and Link saw the opportunity. Grabbing your wrist he ran slowly down the hill towards a guard tower, leaping into a pit. You landed beside him, whispering, "See? I told you..."

Link sighed, "We have a ways to go still... Just follow my lead..." He peeked out from the pit and started to crawl out as quickly as possible.

Army crawling over hot rocks wasn't one of your best skills, but you managed to make it around the guard tower without getting spotted. Waiting for a patrol to pass Link leapt forward towards one of the chests, and wrenched it open. You grabbed your whip as Link snatched his slingshot and sped up the cliff towards your next goal. Your whip came in pretty handy climbing up the side of the rocks, and things started to feel less stressful... Until the light from a lantern appeared around the corner coming closer and closer.

Your heart started to race faster as you looked around for a place to hide. Link suddenly shoved you into a deep crack in the rock, barely big enough for the both of you. He pressed himself against you as the two of your held your breath waiting for the patrol to pass. You could feel Link's heart beat hard against your chest, and knew he too was scared. It felt like hours, which were only moments before the light faded away and you could breath again. Link let out a deep breath and pulled you out of the crevice jogging up to another tower. This time, he loaded his slingshot and took out the guard and the light, "Lets hope nobody saw that..."

You nodded in agreement before you ran over to the next chest, while Link tied the guard to the base of the tower. Your spirit lifted when you saw your harp and quiver, and you felt like you finally had a chance with it now strapped to your back again. Link's shield was there too, and you tossed it to him seeing the huge smile light up his features. Your new finds gave you confidence as you tramped across the smoldering land, making your way into the volcano. The familiar, unbearable heat did it's best to eat at your flesh, but was easily defeated by your fireshield earrings. A piece of jewelry that would never leave your person.

A sound of relief came from Link as he spotted his sword ahead. It's blade dug into the soft ground. He cursed as he picked it up, "Ugh... They have no respect for anything anymore! It's not even encased in a chest, just thrown into the ground." He sighed, "Fi are you there?"

With a welcomed sparkle, you smiled as Fi appeared out of his sword, "Thank you, Master Link! Please excuse me for leaving your side briefly! There is a strong source of power coming from the far temple doors. Signs indicate the dragon dwells there."

You smiled, "Fi, you don't have to apologize for being kidnapped!"

Fi looked blankly at you, and you could sense a hint of confusion, "I will try an record that knowledge, Mistress ___. I suggest you continue your search..." She vanished back into the hilt of the sword.

Taking her advice you hopped across the bubbling pool of magma and reached the temple doors, opening them hastily as they burned your flesh. Facing the heat waves from inside you cautiously walked in, hoping this dragon wouldn't mistake you as an enemy. Your heart started to race again when you thought you heard something off to your right... Your fears were confirmed as a giant flaming head of the dragon appeared before you, rumbling, "Do not be afraid my young ones... I can tell by the power on your hands, the goddess wants me to teach you my part of the song."

You looked down to see the symbol of the triforce glowing faintly behind your glove, and you smiled, why fear anything when she was there.

"Listen well..." The dragon took a deep breath and bellowed out a deep tune which was haunting, yet powerful. It was the first time you had heard a dragon sing, and almost forgot to remember the tune you were so mesmerized. After he finished, he smiled showing white incisors, "I'm sorry my eruption inconvenienced you. My apologies, but those demonic minions took over this place. The skies above should clear soon... You should go."

True to his word, the sky had cleared and the land returned to normal again without the threat of being captured. Link took in a deep breath of fresh volcanic air, "Ah... Nothing like the smell of clear skies! Well, I think we owe Levias a visit."

You chipped in, "And he owes us the rest of that song!" You hoped you could remember everything they taught you in such a short amount of time... And soon very soon, this whole adventure would be over... Did you really want it to be?

Link

I have to say it feels great to be on another life threatening adventure again with __, but sometimes I wonder if this is ever going to end... It's been so long since this whole situation started... I'd like to especially get rid of Ghirahim in both our lives, and as soon as possible.

Ghirahim

*chuckles* Their talents paid off... ___ truly doesn't need special powers or weapons to accomplish the impossible. They will learn the rest of the song very soon and discover the way to defeat my master... Ah, my plan is almost finished to unleash him! And finally we will rule this world together, along with ___ at my side and Link in his grave!

Pipit

Ugh! I've never been so impatient! I can't wait to see ___ again. I've tried to keep busy, but I can't even sit still! At least my suspension is almost over! I wonder if I can aid them in the last of their adventures soon... I kinda feel useless just sitting here.

Groose

Yup... Alone again... There was quite the explosion recently over by the volcano... I hope Link and ___ didn't get caught in it. I'm just tinkering around, repairing the damages done to the groosenator. I can see the black smoke curl up from the sealing spike down in the pit. I hope he never breaks free when they aren't around. Not like I can't hold my own down here, it's just I don't have the equipment to beat him away by myself. No wonder the goddess chose two heroes.