The Groosenator

That part of you that wanted to rid you of this menace fueled only your pity for the demon lord. His eyes changed in fierce moments... From acceptance, to an unrecognizable evil, to regret and hate! It was like he was fighting something inside of him! What could've happened to a man to create such turmoil in one's soul!? You sighed as you looked away from his eyes, "No..." You let go of his hair and shoved him to the floor, "I can't kill you. Killing you will just make me no better than the demon you are inside." Backing away from the injured demon lord, you jogged back over to Link's side who sat there is awe, helping him to his feet.

Ghirahim's voice suddenly pierced the air, "Enough of this foolishness!" Bile dripped from every word he spat as he tried to get to his feet, gripping his side, "I am Ghirahim, Demon Lord! It shouldn't matter how powerful your weapons are, yet you prevail!? AGH!" He clenched his teeth in pain, "I knew my intuition was right about you, ___. You'd still make a fine queen. Torturing a soul 'till he goes mad! Playing tricks! I swear to you, Link, whatever it takes, I will drag you into an eternity of torment for all the pain you've caused me!" With one last glance towards you, Ghirahim twirled his blade and vanished in an array of diamonds.

The air grew lighter with the threat of death, and left you and Link amongst the smokey dome. Link felt his head, watching as thick as blood oozed down his fingers, "Why didn't you kill him, ___? We could've finally been free from having to watch our backs for the rest of our lives..."

You sighed... "I didn't want to become like him."

Staring at you almost in wonder, Link shrugged and walked slowly towards the far end of the dome and to the last flame, his sword prepared. Rubbing your sore wrists from the rope, you held your bow and faced the blazing fire as Fi appeared before you. In the same wonder and magnificence as always she directed the flame at your weapons, changing their appearance once again. Their beauty was now dazzling with detail and tingling with power in your hands.

You could've sworn you saw a smile sparkling behind her blank features, "Master, ___, now that they have been tempered by the last of the sacred flames, your weapons have finally revealed their true form. You now hold the master sword and the sacred bow. WIth the weapon's great power, you can awaken the gate of time within the sealed temple."

"Well it's about time you two showed up! What took ya so long?!"

"Complications..." You replied quickly when you saw Groose open his mouth, "Trust me... You don't wanna know."

An ancient and familiar voice echoed behind you, "Ah, your weapons! There can be no doubt. The sacred flames have purified them. Well done, those weapons hold tremendous power. Link, you must now open the Gate of Time."

Taking a deep breath, Link drew his sword and stepped up before the giant slab of cold stone. Raising his blade to the sky, a pure, white light reverberated around the metal like the fingers of a fire. With one strong sweep, Link charged the light at the stone, and instantly a great quake vibrated beneath your feet, sending chills up your spine.

"I wish it had not happened, but there was no other way to open the gate. You must imprison the beast once again..."

Groose smiled and tightened his gloves, "All right! Bring it on! This is what I've been waiting for." He grabbed your hand and grinned, pulling you outside, "I've got something to show you."

You followed Groose outside, and your jaw dropped at the sight. Working railway tracks spanned the entire circumference of the pit held up by pillars of ancient wood.

Groose raced up a short pathway to a funny looking catapult, "So whatdya think? This is what I've been working on while you were gone. The Groosenator will put a big hurting on that ugly monster, just tell me where to place my shots!" He winked at you, "Now get down there!"

Taking the signal from Groose, you drew your weapons and leapt into the pit, confronting pillars of black smoke that erupted into the mighty behemoth. To your horror, you saw that it had grown a pair of arms thicker than the greatest tree in the forest. Sucking in your courage, you charged towards the feet to the beast, remembering how to take it down. Avoiding getting stepped on, you sliced at the monster's toes, covering yourself in white puss. The battle was filled with heart pounding moments of near death as flaming chunks of plant rained around you as Groose's machine hurled bombs at the imprisoned.

At the last few sweat soaked moments, Link used the last of his strength to pound the spike back into the beast's head. You gripped your ears in pain as the roar of the monster reverberated around the pit, shaking you to the bone. And at last it was over...

Link

At first I was... astonished and... I wanted to be angry, but couldn't... She did what was right, and the heart of a hero like her is rarely wrong when it comes to decisions of that caliber. ___ has always been stronger than I have, in deed and in soul... I can only ever love her more for what she did. Even if it was our chance of peace, it would have been riddled in blood, and that isn't how I want our story to end!

Groose

Finally! They're back!! And just in time too! The tremors got worse every minute, and I was working on the final touches of my machine... The Groosenator! Yeah, it's stupid, but what else am I going to call it? I really hope I impressed ___ with what I was capable of doing. Her jaw dropped at the first sight of it, and she gave me a few looks here and there when I hit my target... *chuckles* Oh how I've missed the action around here!

Ghirahim

*sneers at the pain in his shoulder* I've never been so exhausted... I heal much faster than any average being, but the internal fight I faced just before ___ let me go has truly drained me. That feeling of spite when I started to realize I was accepting my death as my fate... I know it was demise... I could feel him gnawing at my mind, pushing me to destroy all feelings of submission... He's the only thing keeping my hatred fueled. Agh! Now when I think of it that way, may hatred grows! I actually submitted to a lowly mortal and accepted failure!! *takes deep breaths through clenched teeth* I know that seed of hatred is there to keep my instincts sharp, but I must keep my cool if I am to resurrect my master. No one has conquered through pure hatred alone. There must be an element of bespoken intelligence and decorum... *chuckles* Until one gets in your way, then you can unlock the hatred to accompany the intelligence. No decorum is needed then!

My master has broken free of his bonds once more, but was once again foiled in his attempt to reach the temple! I am not worrying about the current predicament yet... With every day he grows in strength and it will take much more to keep him locked away than a simple light seal! *thoughts stray towards you, and he brushes his hand over his wounds you dealt* Why did she spare me? She could've run me through and most all threats to her world would cease! It couldn't have just been her honor... Though it probably was a good thing she did. I couldn't control the power that was rising in me, and it would've killed her if she tried to kill me. Did she sense it? Sparing me because of the fear of consequences? No... I guess I'll never know. As she will never understand why I saved her life in Lanayru. Apparently we confuse each other...

Pipit

Go to the next chapter if you wanna find out what's going on with him! ;D