Groose

After you defeated Demise it was as if the weight of the world was lifted from your shoulders. Going back through the gate of time, the cloud barrier had lifted, letting the warm rays of the sun pass through and blanket the land. The difficult part was saying goodbye to Fi. Link had grown very attached to his guardian and his sword, the weapon that made him who he was today. Now and forever that heavenly blade was to rest in that forest temple, waiting for the next adventure.

The Headmaster now reunited with Zelda, declared a full week of celebration! Every night filled with music and laughter, wonderful feasting and dancing. Not to mention a few promotions. Yourself included... You could hardly believe it! Not only did you manage to become a knight of Skyloft, but you fulfilled the prophecy as the one and only chosen heroine of the goddess. People would come to you two in times of greatest need, your wisdom in battle sought out across the surface of the earth. Even Groose decided he was going to protect the sacred temple for the rest of his life. Your heart beats with excitement, like the music coming from the open plaza.
 "This is incredible!" You say as you strut your new blue dress onto the colorful floor. 
 Groose just smiles, which you knew meant he had something on his mind, but you were too excited to let it get to you.
 "Come on let's dance!" You yell over the noise of the music and drag him towards the throng of figures dancing under the streamers.

You immediately begin to dance with ecstatic energy and get admiring glances from men around you. Groose finally starts to dance with you, and you smile. It was just like the old days again, before you became a knight. You could see the stars above the open columns and the distant lights of Skyloft. You were so wrapped up in everything, the music, the colors, the sounds, you didn't notice the music slowing down and Groose getting closer to you with every step. You were suddenly in his arms, dancing slowly to the music.

You never thought much about it earlier, but your best friend started to grow a small seed in your heart. You felt the muscles ripple under his shirt as you danced close to him, and his hot breath on your neck. Your heart beat in strange rhythms as he whispered to you, "____, are you ok?"

Pulling away from him with a stuttering breath, you notice you are shivering, even though there was no breeze. "Yeah, I'm. Fine." You finish.

Groose leads you off the dance floor, away from the throng of people still dancing. Sitting you down on a bench overlooking the starlit ruins, he sits next to and puts his arm around you. You breath heavily, when he does, and he pulls back, "Am I making you uncomfortable?"

You stutter in surprise, "No! Well, kind of. . . It's just. . .Your acting so different. Your not you!"

He stares at the city scape for a while and takes a deep breath, "I know, I haven't been myself recently. It's just with you, I. . ." He stares deep into your eyes, "I'm someone else," You stroke the silk of your dress, trying to avoid his gaze, but can't help it. His bright golden eyes drag you towards him, leaning ever closer.

You couldn't take the suspense any more, and launch yourself at him embracing in a deep kiss. He ran his fingers through your hair and touched your cheek gently. You suddenly realize what you were doing and pull back, "Groose, I'm sorry!" You apologize.

Taking a glance at him, you laugh at his face. He is staring out in space with a huge smile, "You don't have to apologize." His eyes twinkled with excitement, and he finally breaks your moment, "Here, lets go back. See who can dance the longest." He smiles, giving you his hand.

Taking it you are blushing a bright shade, and regain confidence, "You know I'll win!" You say as he locks his fingers with yours.

"We'll just see about that!" He grins.

Want The Sequel? Check out Twilight Entrapment: https://www.wattpad.com/312874393-twilight-entrapment-reader-homecoming