A New Hero

You breathed heavily next to Link. It was hard to believe you were able to fight Ghirahim so well, even if you did catch him off guard. Link found it hard to look at you as he spoke, "I'm sorry for drugging you."

You sighed, "It's ok, I understand."

"No, it's not ok. I treated you wrongly. I am truly sorry." Link sighed as he sheathed his sword, handing you the golden harp, "You dropped this."

Taking back the harp, you felt confused, "It's yours right?"

Link shook his head, "Zelda gave it to you. And it seems I have a new partner."

You started to smile, "You mean..."

He nodded, "Impa told me to bring you to the old woman at the grounds." Link grinned, "Looks like we're in this together."

His smile beamed, and it was the first time you felt like he looked happy in ages. "So where are we off to then?"

Link tilted his head, and Fi appeared in front of you, "Yes, Master?"

"Impa said to go to the Sealed Grounds. Can you bring us to the sky?" Link asked.

Fi nodded, "I am glad our two heroes have finally united. I will do as you ask."

In a flash of bright light, both you and Link were soaring high above the clouds on your loftwings towards the Sealed Grounds in Faron Woods. The feeling of flight couldn't have been better as you teamed up with Link getting ready to dive through the clouds. You had no clue about what you would face or what exactly was going on, but just being with Link cured everything.

As you dove down into the opening above Faron Woods you suddenly heard a scream, "Link! HEEELP!"

You looked above you and saw Groose plummeting into you and Link. For the next few seconds you were all a tangle of limbs as Link struggled to land safely in the woods. You hit the ground with a lot more force than appreciated, knocking the wind from your lungs.

Sitting up to try and get a breath, you heard Groose groaning, "Ugh, rough landing. I think I mighta broke something. Hey, Link, seriously..."

Link sat up looking ticked, "Groose, you idiot! What were you thinking? You could've gotten us killed!"

Groose wasn't listening, "Didn't anyone ever teach you how to land without crash-- WHOA!" He scrambled back at the sight of a few birds hopping around him, "B-birds? TINY birds?! Wh-what ARE they?!"

You tried to explain to Groose the situation, but he kept rambling on frantically, "If there's supposed to be nothin' below the clouds, what's all this?! What's going on here?! What's with all these trees? There are so many! What's the deal with this place?! Where is Zelda?!"

"Shut-up Groose!" You had to grab his shirt and shake him so he would pay attention, "Listen! Zelda is safe, but we have to find her and protect her! We are in Faron woods right now. The Surface is real, and dangerous." You let go of him, "But everything is going to be ok. Now that Link is the chosen hero of the goddess." You glanced over and smiled at Link.

Groose started to listen again, and Link turned to you, "____, we have to get to the temple and find out where Zelda is, and what you should do." Link started off towards the temple with quick strides with you and Groose following.

Groose whispered to you, "So what exactly is going on right now?"

You sighed, "It's a long story, but..." You began to tell Groose the basics about why you and Link were down here, and where you were headed. Deciding to leave the part about Ghirahim's strange behavior towards you out. You could tell Groose was thinking hard about something, but couldn't get him to look you in the eye.