House Divided

Your senses exploded as you examined your foe. Every monster you knew had a weak spot, and for this metal monster it was the beating red heart caged in its stomach. The problem was how to get there. He kept his chest well guarded by a pair of his arms. Link moved in closer to try to figure its system out, and it reached behind his back, tossing two blades straight at you. Rolling to the side, you hid behind one of the tall pillars, but you could feel the breeze from the blade as it whisked past.

Link also took cover behind a pillar, but when the blades had stopped readied himself to jump into action. You glanced behind you, seeing Koloktos ready to pound the ground with his large sabers. You yelled at Link, "Don't move!"

Link sneered at you and leaped from his hiding spot. "NO!" You cried as Koloktos slammed Link into the stone.

"LINK!" you raced to his aid, trying to pry the metal from his back. He was lucky the blade of the saber didn't slice him in two.

Link's eyes fluttered as he tried to stay conscious, hardly moving. You knew this beast wasn't going to be as easy as you thought. It was surprising though that Koloktos never tried to attack when it had Link pinned to the floor. Frantically looking behind you, you noticed the joint of its elbow had loops on it. Deciding to wing it, you got out your new weapon. Swinging it over your head, you tried to aim for the rings. The end of the whip twirled around it perfectly. Yanking down with all your power, you managed to jerk the entire arm out of its socket. The magical bond had been broken and Koloktos was one arm down.

You were now able to shove the arm off of Link, who coughed and groaned in pain. Like thunder, Koloktos was able to free his last two arms from the floor, and resume his fighting stance. Shaking Link, you yelled in his ear, trying to get him to his feet. He tried to move, his eyes closed trying to fight consciousness. You suddenly realized this battle would be between you and this monster. Dragging Link off to the side of the dome, you tried to think of your nest move as Koloktos readied for another attack. Dodging the swinging blades, you managed to roll out of the way before he pounded the floor.

Repeating your whip technique, you tore two more of his arms out of joint. Your mind worked furiously in the heat of battle, trying to figure a strategy out to best this beast. Suddenly realizing the monster had dropped his oversized weapons, you rushed over and did your best to lift the giant saber. With you heart beating out of your chest, you ran in towards it's gut with a battle cry and swung with all your strength at the golden cage. The gold buckled easily and you were left with an open heart to slash at.

Stroke after stroke you hear the sickening thuds as you hit its heart with all your strength. It managed to knock you back and you toppled over, which was expected considering the weight you carried. Grabbing your whip you readied yourself for another attack. Repeating the process again. Though it seemed like hours, the heated battle only lasted moments, and in the final hour when Koloktos jerked and screamed, it took forever before the pain would cease. Even though you were glad it was dead, it was always hard to see any monster, mechanical or creature, suffer.

The room brightened with victory, and you breathed deeply. Sweat dripped from your every limb, drenching your back. A groan behind you reminded you of Link, and you spun around to find him leaning against a pillar, trying to keep his balance.

"Link," You raced over to him, trying to help him balance.

He shrugged you off roughly, "Get off me!" He took a deep breath, never looking you in the eye as he made his way across the chamber.

A bit hurt with anger, your jaw dropped at his reaction, "I just saved your life! Isn't that what partners do?" You ran over beside him.

He smiled angrily, snorting, "Yeah right, 'partners.'"