Faron

"DO YOU SEE ANYTHING!!!" Link yelled up to you.

Steadying yourself on the thick branches of the tallest tree in Faron, you glanced around, "Yeah! There's a huge lake about a half-mile south of here! It should lead us to the flame!"

"Good! Let's get over there before nightfall!"

"Just hold up a minute!" You yelled at him as you made your way back down the tree. Once your feet touched the ground, Link started to make his way towards the lake. You sighed, all the directions you were receiving were so blunt. Just head in this direction and you'll find something to help. No warning of anything. . . or anyone.

When you reached the lake, it was actually about 100 feet beneath you. Link smiled, "Alright, let's go!" He took a running jump off the ledge, taking a perfect swan dive into the water.

"Show-off." You snorted as you felt the smoothness of the water dragon's scale. Receiving it as a reward for completing your trial, you just hoped it really worked. Your leap of faith turned out to be more of a belly flop into the water. Swimming back to the surface, you couldn't find Link, but your entire body stung from the impact. You started to notice you were being pulled along by a very strong current into the mouth of a cave.

You knew you couldn't fight it, and just tried to keep your head above water as it pulled you in. The current became more violent, and you couldn't see what was ahead of you, until your stomach rose into your throat as you fell into a pool of light. Kicking with all your might, you rose to take a sharp breath of air.

"Good, you're here!" Link called out to you from a platform floating on the surface of the water.

Looking around, you noticed you were in a great blue cavern, "Where are we?" you asked.

"You are in my home, young woman!" A voice cackled to you from a large basin of water that Link stood next to.

Link helped you out of the water, "____, this is Faron. The water dragon."

You had the feeling Faron wasn't the friendliest type, "My apologies, Faron. We didn't know we were entering your home."

Faron smiled, "Ah! At least one of you has some manners."

Link rolled his eyes, "Faron needs our help, ____."

"Yes. You see, shortly before your arrival. I was attacked by a pompous creature calling himself Ghirahim. I stood against him, but was wounded in the encounter."

Your mind flashed back to your first encounter with Ghirahim. The way he taunted you. Stood over you, with his tongue curling around your neck. It gave you chills, and you tried to shake the memory out of your head.

Faron seemed to notice your disturbance, but continued, "Well, I've been forced to recuperate in this basin of sacred water. Unfortunately, I've run out, and this kind young man has volunteered to go fetch some for me. Only then will I show you where to find the sacred flame."

Link looked at you stubbornly and nodded, "Looks like we'll have to make another trip to the forest temple."

Faron interrupted him, "Oh, no my dear boy. I would greatly appreciate it if your young friend would stay and keep me company while your gone."

You felt a bit surprised, "Oh, um. Of course. . . I can stay."

"Good, now. Go out the tunnel behind me and you'll find a shortcut to the temple. Hurry now!" She rushed Link into the water.

Looking back before he entered the tunnel, Link sighed and left you with Faron. It felt strange letting Link go out alone on a mission without you. You suddenly weren't sure what to do, so you just sat in front of the large basin with Faron staring at you kindly.

"Ah, now that he is gone. You and I have a bit to talk about."

A bit confused, you placed you weapons aside, "About what?"

Faron's voice lowered, "About what happened between you and Ghirahim."

You jumped at her remark, "What? How'd you know?"

"When I mentioned his name, your face twisted. A memory perhaps?"

You realized that there was no fooling the wisdom of the water dragon, and sighed, "Yeah. I. . . think he. . . I don't know what to think. Relationships are a bit fuzzy right now."

Faron nodded, "Even with Link. Ah yes. Relationships and emotions. Both can either make. . . or destroy you. You just have to choose which way to take."

You shook your head, "Why are you telling me this?"

"To help you in your journey. Part of the prophecy of the Goddess's chosen heroes is that one will shape and change lives. And that is what makes her a gift to the first chosen. To keep him from falling. You support each other in every step. Ghirahim knows how strong, yet delicate your relationship is with Link. He is no idiot. He will figure out the delicate parts and seek to shatter them, to keep the prophecy from unfolding."

You contemplated her words, "So this is a warning, then."

"In a way, yes." Faron's tone softened as she looked at you, "This journey isn't just about bringing balance back to the world, and saving the goddess. It's about what you can do to help mold relationships between people. Help them find their destiny as well, and always view others more valuable than yourself. Then, and only then will you become a true heroine of the goddess. A legend in her own time."

Even if you didn't realize it, you took her advice in with every fiber of your soul. The seed had been planted, and the courage and wisdom was growing.

Link

I was just getting used to having ___ as a partner to rely on when I'm forced to separate and retrieve this water on my own... It really doesn't feel right. I wonder why Faron wanted ___ to stay? And especially what she wanted to talk to her about? Maybe it's a woman's thing... How would I know? All I do know is that I feel alone and almost lost without ___ beside me. Each step I take away from her is harder and I almost want to race through this entire temple just so I can get back and set things right. It'll be right when ___ is by my side again...

Pipit

Ugh!! Who knew a relationship could bring so much torture to one man in a couple days!! Karane isn't the girl I thought she was! Behind all that tomboyish attitude is this incredibly clingy, girly, obnoxious and overbearing woman I've ever met!! I've never been so run down and controlled in my life!! Gosh, just a couple hours with ___ would fix that! I don't think this thing is going to last long if it continues! It certainly has given me some more courage to face ___ with truer intentions. I've never dreamt about a woman more than now!!

Groose

I guess sometimes all we need is a little bit of time to think about things and re-evaluate our lives. Besides, it's not like I can think too much with all those little earthquakes going on now and then. It's actually really terrifying when you know the background of this creature. Grannie has told me all about the war between the goddess and this guy Demise! I figured ___ and Link can't be here all the time to make sure this monster stays in it's place, so I've figured out a new defense system just in case Big Ugly escapes again and I might have to buy some time... I'm really excited to start constructing this thing!

Ghirahim

Well... Faron is smarter than she looks. She knows I am trying to attack their relationship at it's core. Not that it would make any difference wether ___ knows about it or not. All I need is for Link to remain in the dark about some things, and the fact that Faron practically placed this chance in my lap is a bit perplexing. Strange, I wished ___ would've continued a bit more in detail of our encounters. I would like to know what she thinks...