Nick of Time

"Hey, ____! Wake up!" A familiar voice cried out to you. "Wake up!" Suddenly your weightless body tumbled at a great force, and you finally felt your body hit cold stone. Your eyes snapped open to find yourself on the floor with Pipit standing over you.

You groaned as you felt your heart beat inside of your head, "Ugh, Pipit."

"You started to scare me there." Pipit leaned down next to you, helping you sit up.

You rubbed your aching head, "What...how long have I been asleep?"

"I don't know, but you were hard asleep. I couldn't find a pulse, and you were barely breathing. It kinda scared me."

You suddenly remembered what happened, "Link! That...Ugh!" You struggled to stand with help from Pipit.

"What? What about him?" Pipit supported your weight as you found your balance.

"He drugged me!"

Pipit's face turned sour, "He what?!"

You started to find the strength in your limbs again as you rushed out of the kitchen with Pipit next to you, "He drugged me so I wouldn't follow him!" You strapped your sword to your belt as you raced out of the academy.

Pipit stopped you in your tracks, "Hold up! What is going on here? Link drugged you so you wouldn't follow him? Where?"

You sighed, "I really don't have time to explain." You noticed the sun had just risen through the clouds. Link had been gone the entire night, "Is Link back yet?"

"No. No one has seen him since last night. Would you tell me what is going on?" Pipit's intense brown eyes stared deep into your soul.

"I'm sorry, I can't. I have to catch up to Link!" You tore yourself away from Pipit and hurled yourself off the edge of Skyloft, whistling for your loftwing.

In a bright flash of feathers, you were on your way to a new beam of light piercing the cloud barrier. You felt bad for the way you treated Pipit, but you had to find Link. He could be anywhere in Lanayru. It was hard to believe that he drugged you still, and figuring our your next plan of action was the only thing on your mind as you trudged through the scorching desert, following his tracks. Lanayru wasn't as hot as Eldin, but it left you more dusty than anything. You had sand everywhere, even in places you didn't want including your teeth. What guided your path was the enormous black skyline at the end of the desert. The symbol of the goddess was easy to spot from anywhere in Lanayru, and Fi's words... The Gate of Time... gave you some sort of a clue.

Eventually you made it to a great stone wall wedged into the center of a valley, and the symbol of the goddess towered over you. Your next problem was the door to the sand temple. Everything had crumbled under years of erosion, leaving nothing but a pile of rubble in your path. As you contemplated a way to get inside, your heart jumped at a chuckle from behind you.

Your breathing shortened as you recognized the voice, and your pulse sped up instantly, "Well, well, well... Didn't think I'd meet you here." You spun around on your heels, drawing your sword. A blast of energy hit your blade and knocked it from your grasp, sending it flying behind you. "Ah ah, no need for that."

You faced Ghirahim with a strong fighting stance, "What do you want?" You hissed.

Ghirahim stood there casually thinking to himself, "Well, now that you mentioned it..." He snapped his fingers and blast of energy sent you flying against the temple wall, "I can't have you interrupting the reason I'm here."

Your entire being ached from the impact against the wall, and you tried to stand as the sky darkened around you. Ghirahim gathered up a large amount of energy and threw it at the pile of rubble. A shock wave from the impact knocked you down again as the rubble disintegrated into sand. Coughing, you tried to pinpoint Ghirahim, but he had disappeared. Struggling to stand, you retrieved your sword and jogged through the new opening. As the dust settled, your adrenaline pumped harder at the sight.