Abandon Ship!

As you walked down the steps into the brig of the ship, you kept your bow drawn. There really wasn't much to be afraid of other than a few desert pests, but something didn't feel right. In your gut you knew he was watching you.

"I think the flame is one deck lower," Link said as he checked with Fi's power, "There isn't much here." He glanced over at your with your bow strung, "Hey, ___. Relax. It's deserted." He put his hand to your bow.

"I'm not so sure about that, Link." You replied as you went ahead through another set of doors, making your way down another level.

Your eyes caught the mysterious door that barred your path. Very similar to the other temple door this one had a very complicated key needed to unlock it.

"Great, we need a timeshift stone." Link gestured to the barbed wire around the door.

Looking around, you saw a grate in the ceiling which gave a good view to the decks above, "There it is!" You called as you spotted the stone beneath the crows nest.

Thinking to yourself, you aimed up through the grates at the timeshift stone. Taking a deep breath you exhaled and quickly released the string. In the blink of an eye, your arrow hit the stone and the entire ship and sea around it was brought back to life. Instead of the dull brown wood, the ship turned bright with color, and monsters. At the sudden appearance of a bokoblin, you immediately strung your bow and picked him off as he ran towards you.

Link's jaw dropped, "Nice shot!" He looked at you with admiration, "You're getting really good with that."

You smiled at his compliment, "Thanks!"

"Right, so. We should go try to free the Skipper's crew. They could help us find that key." Link went off in the direction of more stairs.

Now you had a real good reason to keep your bow strung. Everywhere a monster would show up. They really didn't want you to get inside that control room. Finally reaching the holding cells, you could see the tired figures of the robots sitting behind electric bars.

"Hey," Link called to them.

One of the bots looked up and cocked his head, "Brzzt, who are you?"

"We are here to get you out of here! We're with the Skipper." You smiled as their faces brightened up.

"Skipper! You're with the Skipper!?" He hovered over to the bars, "If you help us get out of here, I'll give you the key to the heart of the ship."

Link nodded to them, "We'll get you out." He turned to you, "I've got an idea. Go hit the timeshift stone, wait a bit and then hit it again, then come back."

You tried to ponder his request as you quickly left, running back to the grate in the ceiling. With perfect precision you hit the stone, turning the ship back into it's present form. Waiting a few minutes, you aimed again, turning the ship back into it's magnificence. Racing back to Link, you almost ran over him as you flew down the steps.

His face beamed, "Great job, ___. I got the key." He extended his hand, holding the strange cube-like object, "Now we can get that flame."

You smiled and then remembered what happened the last time you tried to reach the first flame. Ghiahim showed up with Koloktos, "We really should be careful, Link."

He walked over to the door, now clear of the barbed wire, "Of course, you just know some beast is guarding that flame, "He nodded to your bow, "But I'm not worried." And smiled.

Placing the key into the door, the massive pieces of wood shuddered open showing the boiler room. As you walked cautiously inside, you could hear the beginning stages of a storm splatter on the decks above. Suddenly the entire ship shook with a mighty force, and parts of the ship's floor buckled upwards. Prepared for anything, you braced your bow as giant, slimy tentacles shot up from the brig below, quickly filling the room.