Pipit

You smiled brightly as you watched Pipit stand with grace after being knighted officially. Even with his injury, he still managed to move with such power and now authority. The silky yards of your dress gave you chills to add to your excitement. The room filled with cheer and wonderful music to add to the liveliness of the open plaza.

After you defeated Demise it was as if the weight of the world was lifted from your shoulders. Going back through the gate of time, the cloud barrier had lifted, letting the warm rays of the sun pass through and blanket the land. The difficult part was saying goodbye to Fi. Link had grown very attached to his guardian and his sword, the weapon that made him who he was today. Now and forever that heavenly blade was to rest in that forest temple, waiting for the next adventure.

The Headmaster now reunited with Zelda, declared a full week of celebration! Every night filled with music and laughter, wonderful feasting and dancing. Not to mention a few promotions. Yourself included... You could hardly believe it! Not only did you manage to become a knight of Skyloft, but you fulfilled the prophecy as the one and only chosen heroine of the goddess. All those horrors you faced, and Ghirahim... You were scared out of your skin when you first faced them, but honestly... You'd face them all again if just to see the people you and your friends had grown into.

As the music turned the citizens to joyous movement, you felt a light tap on your shoulder. Turning around with a bit of your warrior instincts, you regained your smile when you saw Pipit's sparkling eyes, "May I have this dance, m'lady?" He took a deep, dramatic bow, holding out his hand.

You smile grew even larger at the gesture, and you grabbed his hand firmly, "Pipit... You shouldn't be dancing with your shoulder."

Pipit rolled his eyes as he stood, "Blast my shoulder..." He quickly took off his sling and threw it aside, "I want to dance with you." He grabbed your hand and before you could refuse, he lead you out into the crowded plaza.

Pipit began to lead the graceful dance, with a large swoop to the side, and continued around the room. It'd been a while since you danced, and you felt awkward at first, stumbling over your own feet, and you must have tripped over someone else's dozens of times, but you slowly moved with the music. Very quickly your warrior balance came instinctively and when you glanced at Pipit's calm, and sparkling features. Your feet moved melodically to the music and you were able to follow Pipit's lead perfectly. You knew what he meant just by the smallest amount of pressure to your back. You glided across the room with incredible grace and form, flying in each other's arms.

Closing your eyes in sheer delight, you allowed him to manipulate your steps. Trusting him with every fiber of your being. You began to notice the music start to fade away, the noise of the crowd grew softer, replaced with the sound of crickets and a cool breeze danced over your skin. Opening your eyes again, you noticed Pipit had lead you away out into the ruins of the old forest temple. Everything suddenly became more delicate. More magical. Surrounded by moss-covered marble with billions of stars singing above you in all their magnificence, you welcomed the slow dance.

Pipit pressed his body against your delicate frame with a strength, yet gentleness you welcomed. The warmth of his touch surged into your blood as you felt his sinews move with every small step. You began to tremble, not because of the cold, but of the tenderness of the moment. He only pulled you in closer, wrapping his arms around you, and letting you rest your head against his shoulder. Your breath mingled, warming you both. He nuzzled your forehead, brushing his lips over your skin, searching for the perfect place to plant a soft kiss.

"I love you ___..." He whispered, "I always have."

You smiled in the crook of his neck. You'd been longing to hear those words come from his mouth. Pipit always knew what to say, and said it well. Plain and simple but always the truth. You whispered back still with a smile on your face, "I love you too..."

You heard him chuckle softly as he pressed his cheek against your head. Something warm and wet sealed the gap between your skin, trickling down your brow. You lifted your head in surprise, wiping away the tear, "Pipit, are you crying?"

He grinned widely, his eyes sparkling, "No... Well... Yeah I guess... It's just..." He pulled away still holding your hands, "As a man of many dreams, I don't often get to see most of them, let alone my greatest,...come true."

You sighed as your kindest smile surfaced. You were his greatest dream?! He was gonna make you cry! "Oh...Pipit..."

His smile dimmed as he focused his intense eyes on yours, taking a step closer. His soul searched the very depths of your heart as he raised a hand to caress your cheek. It was as if some unknown force drew you in, not Pipit's hand. Your lips brushed against one another, slowly growing in passion until you found yourself melting into him. You became one in him, the other half of your souls crossed and bound together for eternity. Sealed with a kiss.

Want The Sequel? Check out Twilight Entrapment: https://www.wattpad.com/312874393-twilight-entrapment-reader-homecoming