chapter 1

Introduction:
First name :Y/N(your name)
Last name:Y/L/N( your last name)
Faction of origin:Erudite
Age:16
Best friend :Will
The rest(such as peraonality and the faction or factions she/he (or any pronouns you prefer )gets will be told in the story)
...
Y/N's pov:
I woke up from a nightmare,My body was sweaty and so were my sheets,it was about today the aptitude test,the woman organizing it told me ai didn't fit into anywhere that I had to become factionless,I sigh and get and fold my sheets I should probably get them washed but that doesn't matter now,I take a shower to clear my mind I've always loved morning showers where I can think and clear my mind,after I'm done I wear a pair of blue jeans with a blue t-shirt,I'm ready to go.
As I go to the kitchen I see my mom cooking breakfast,she offers me a plate of eggs but I refuse I'm too nervous to eat,so i jist take a banana and take my backpack and as I want to leave my mom comes and hugs me"it's gonna be okay,you don't have to be nervous" i nod my head"okay,bye mom,bye dad", "bye Y/N" after I'm out of the house I go towards my best friend's house,Will.

He always knows how to make me feel better,I ring their bell and wait for a few seconds before Will opens the door with a smile on his face"hey Y/N come on in" "I can't you know we don't have time","she's right it's already pretty late"his sister Cara says without taking her eyes off her book"Hay Cara,what's up?","nothing much,I just came here for Will's big day"she finally closes her book and looks up with a smile, seeing her smile is one of the rarest thing ever and Will comments on that"look who's finally smiling"he laughs as Cara's smile disappears and we go out after he says goodbye, we walk to school since it's pretty close,and we get there just when the abnegation kids are getting off the bus,so I guess we weren't that late

The day goes by in a blurr of boredom and nervousness,and finally at lunch it's time for our test,I sit and pretend to listen to Will's stories but I'm actually looking at the other kids and how they're handling the situation, most of them are pretty nervous just act as if they're okay,I can tell by the way they're as pale as the wall,"Y/N,Y/N are you even listening to me?" I look at Will who's trying to look angry but fails miserabley and eneds up smiling a bit and say"sorry I got distracted""yeah you always do" my other friend Linx (as she likes to be called) says,I kind of envy her she's super smart and fo sure she's gonna end up in erudite while I don't know where I'm gonna end up,finally they start calling names,and one after another people leave the room,Will gets called then Linx and I'm left alone to play with my fingers,I'm nervous I'm not gonna deny it but the closer it gets to my name I feel more and more confident,finally I hear my name.
I stand up,but I'm not shaking like the rest of the kids,I walk and as I walk it feels like every bit of fear and nervousness goes away,it's like I left it behind me,I know that I'll soon find out where I belong and that keeps me going.I go into a room where an abnegation woman is sitting,she looks nice and makes me wonder how she would've looked in another faction she smiles at me and says"Hello,my name is Natalie", "Y/N" I say with a small smile,I sit down and she gives me a kind of thing I assume id a drug that performs the simulation (yes I've read a lot about it)so I just ask"how long will it take?","it depends" she says with a smile,I look at the little tube in my hand and drink it,then everything goes black.
When I wake up I'm in the cafeteria, but all the chairs are gone,in front of me is a table with two items on it,a pieace of cheese and a knife"choose" a voice I recognize as Jeanine Mathews's says,I look at the items, 'I have four options', I think'one; take the knife,two;take the cheese,three;take none of them and four;take both" I reach for both of them at the same time and as soon as touch them,I hear a growl and as I look back I see a big dog moving towards me,my eyes widen and the first thing I do is hide the knife behind my back and throw the cheese for it,it goes and smells the cheese and I try to leave without it understanding but before I can do so,an abnegation girl shouts"puppy" runs towards the dog"NO!!"I shout but it's too late the dog is already moving towards her,I close my eyes and something click in my mind,I imagine a cage around the dog and when I open my eyes there is actually one around it,I breath a sigh of relief 'Wow,this simulation seems real' as I blink,I see that I'm back in the testing room.