Chapter 12

I'm fighting Molly today,I'm planning on first hitting her in the nose and then in the sides,after that it's in the feet to make her fall down,and then I'll knock her out,pretty easy I guess,but since she won lots of people before me I guess it won't be that easy. As my name is called I walk to the center of the arena,I get into position and so does Molly,I hit her in the nose pretty hard but she recovers pretty quickly,she tries to kick my feet but I dodge it,I kick her in the sides and she almost falls down,she goes back into position,"End it,will ya?" Yells Eric. I kick her feet from underneath her and she falls,I get on top of her and I grab her head and hit it on the ground and she passes out . The rest of day passes without anything important happening. But as soon as I'm starting to feel drowsy,people enter the room with flashlights ,"Everybody up!" I hear someone yell. I get out of bed and as I do so,I hear Eric snap at Tris "Did you go deaf,Stiff?" "You have five minutes to get dressed and meet us at the tracks,we're going on a another field trip." as we reach the train,I see that there is a pile of guns ,next to the pile are several boxes of paintballs,so that's what we're doing,I hear Eric shout " everyone grab a gun!" We all rush to the pile,I grab a gun and a box of paintballs ,"time estimate?" Eric asks Four "Any minute now,how long is it going to take you to memorize the train schedule?" "Why should I,when I have you to remind me of it?" Eric shoves Four'a shoulder,I remember Einstein's quote " Never memorize something you can look up." The train arrives and I get on. Four tells us how we're going to be divided and that the name of the game is capture the flag,I never thought I'd play this game,I look at Will and he's looking at me too,okay the game will probably not be like in camp half-blood ,but still,I think I'll like it," this is a dauntless tradition,so I suggest you take it seriously." "What do we get if we win?" Someone shouts, "sounds like the kind of question someone not from dauntless would ask," says Four raising an eyebrow," you get to win,of course." "Four and I will be your team captains," says Eric "let's divide up transfers first,shall we?" "You go first," says Four "Edward " Eric says, Four chooses Tris ,I try to pay attention as much as I can,I don't want to doze off and not hear someone call my name ,"Peter," says Eric, this time Four chooses me,I'm impressed at being his second choice and I believe that Four's choosing fast people that are also smart,except for a few of us,we're all fast and pretty smart, Four is smart,at least smarter than Eric,even though Eric was an Erudite and Four was,er,I don't know,I'm guessing Abnegation though,I haven't seen him in Erudite,he's definitely not Amity or Candor,and I don't think Dauntless either,so I'm guessing Abnegation,yeah that's probably it. "Your team can get off second," says Eric "don't do me any favors,you know I don't need them to win." "No I know you'll lose no matter when you get off,take your scrawny team and get off first." says Eric ,we all stand up,I look at Al who got picked by Eric,I see him looking at Tris,they'd be cute but I think Tris doesn't see him in that way. I get out of the train . We eventually decide to go to the last place the flag was placed ,at the Navy Pier ,at the carousel. We all start heading east,as we are going there Christina asks Will and I about the Erudite headquarters, Will says that it's south from where we are,and we both look at it for a second,to be quite honest,I kind of miss it,but I also don't,and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
We reach the Ferris wheel ,"think about it,people used to ride that thing,for fun." Says Will "they must have been dauntless ," says Tris , "yeah but a lame version of dauntless,a dauntless Ferris wheel wouldn't have cars,you would just hang on tight with your hands and good luck to you." Christina and Will flirt a bit on the way,I feel something between them forming,even though they probably don't see it yet. Four tells us to formulate a strategy,Will suggests that some people guard the flag and the rest go and scout,I agree with him,and suddenly everyone starts talking and saying different things,I believe we're just wasting time,we need the higher ground ,like Obi Wan had the higher ground,I see that Tris is walking up to the Ferris wheel,she must have thought the same thing,probably not because of Obi Wan though . After a while Four follows her,I stop looking at them,I don't know why,but I feel like they need their privacy. They decide to send a few people scout before I point out the fact that Tris and Four went to see where the other team is,they all stare at me but I just shrug it off. After a while I see that they made the Ferris wheel move,wrong move but they probably had their reasons. As they come back we decide to split up and go from left and right and surprise them,that's wise. I go with the left group,while Christina and Tris go to the right. And we go.
We start running and as we reach the other team we start shooting, I shoot a girl with weird tattoos and some guy I don't know,I hear Christina give a whoop of victory and I know we have won. I'm glad,we did well.
...
On the train Al complains about how he was on the other team,I see Peter ,Molly and Drew talking and sneaking glances at Christina,I ignore them and look at the boy whose name is Uriah," so you climbed the Ferris wheel,huh," he says towards Tris "Yes," says Tris, "pretty smart of you..like Erudite smart," says another girl whose name is Marlene ,I feel a pang of jealousy,I thought of that too,I was Erudite for 16 years,I got Erudite as one of my faction results,and in that moment I miss being Erudite,how everyone used to think I know it all,even the slang name for us is not as offensive, I shake these thoughts and start engaging in conversations.
That night I had a nightmare .
I was running through a forest,voices that I couldn't recognize would shout at me to stop,but I didn't,until one voice came near my ear" Divergent " I would recognize it anywhere,I turned around and no one was there,it said it again,I turned around again but didn't see anyone until I fell on my knees and someone pushed me to the wall,that someone was Jeanine Matthews, she looked into my eyes and with a very normal voice,like she was just saying my name ,said "Divergent " ,I woke up.