Chapter 50

Tori stands, a wild look in her eyes, and turns toward me.

I feel ....

I don't know how I feel .

I didn't like Jeanine,but I needed her and she was another person.

Did she deserve to die?

But if she did,were we people to decide it?

'Stop thinking' Will's voice says.

A moment later, the glass door opens again. Four and Uriah storm in as if to fight a battle—Uriah coughing, probably from the poison—but the battle is done.

Jeanine is dead, Tori is triumphant, and I am a Dauntless traitor.

Four stops in the middle of a step,looking at Tori with wide eyes when he sees me.

He knows me being here my mean that Tris is here too.

He doesn't want that .

"(Y/N) is a traitor," says Tori. "They just almost shot me to defend Jeanine."

"What?" says Uriah. "(Y/N) ,what's going on? Is she right? Why are you even here?"

"You know why I'm here," I say quietly. "Don't you?"

I hold out Tori's gun. Four walks forward, a little unsteady on his feet, and takes it.

"We found Marcus and ," he pauses,I know it's painful for him "and Tris in the next room, caught in a simulation," Four says.

"You came up here with them"

"Yes, I did," I say, blood from Tori's bite trickling down my arm.

"We trusted you" Four says.

"He told me something,that fit what Caleb said and made perfect sense, I had to find out about that piece of information " I say.

"Information is all you care about ,isn't it?" Uriah says .

"It is the truth" I say.

"The truth?" says Tori. "What are you talking about?"

He knows . Four knows about it.

"You know, don't you? "

"You knew all along and you lied to Tris."

I am a bit angry now,because I don't see Four and Tris.

I see everyone I care about.

"You keep telling her that you love her,but would you really risk everything for that? Would you?"

"Would you ?" I say quietly.

"Enough of this," says Tori. "Take (Y/N) downstairs. They will be tried along with all the other war criminals"

Uriah takes my arm and leads me away from them,through the laboratory, through the room of light, through the blue hallway. Therese of the factionless joins us there, eyeing me curiously.