Chapter 52

"No,Christina, for the tenth time, I do not know Emily nor Amanda, they must be our ancestors, I think they were one of the first to come here, and this city is about 200 years old ,so they're pretty far away." I say to Christina.

Ever since she found out Tris and I were potential relatives,she kept asking about Edith and Chloe.

Or should I say, Amanda and Emily.

It's been days since Evelyn mastered the chaos in the lobby of Erudite headquarters with a few short commands and had all the prisoners hustled away to cells on the third floor. A factionless woman came to doctor our wounds and distribute painkillers, and we've eaten and showered several times, but no one has told us what's going on outside. No matter how many times and how forcefully I've asked them.

I keep thinking about Peter and my family .

And all those who aren't .

I haven't seen Peter since the time I looked at him.

And he looked away.

My family. I remember seeing them.

My mother smiled at me with a nod and my father held my mother's hand firmly and looked at me proudly.

I felt honored. As cheesy as that sounds.

Those who are gone:

Will, who isn't here,my best friend. No. My brother.

Fernando, my old friend. Someone who always managed to make me laugh.

Lynn, my new friend at Dauntless headquarters.

And all the others .

I don't know how to stop the thoughts.

Or what to do next.
.
Right after the video
Peter's point of view :

My mouth hung open. (Y/N) was definitely related to this woman, Emily .

I couldn't stay there. I had to leave .

I turned to my mom.

"Mom,I must go, I'll be back later,don't worry" I said,smiling reassuringly.

I got up and started walking away.

It may seem surprising,but I usually am nice to my family and people that I love.

I guess (Y/N) is one of them.

I distanced myself from them to protect them.

From me.

Cheesy,I know. But still.

I tried to walk out while the factionless were busy trying to calm everyone down.

It worked.

I guess I picked up a few things at the Erudite headquarters.

I smirk to myself and continue walking,going outside.

I had to think about everything. I had to.