Chapter 31

A/N: I am very sorry for not updating sooner ,it's just exams have started and they're exhausting 😭 I will still update just a bit later than usual,but I'll try my best,Thank you 💖💛💙
.
They're looking for divergents ,probably wanting to experiment on them,and in the act of trying to save one,I got caught,and now I'm sitting on the floor my hands behind my head,along with Tris and Uriah,from the corner of my eye,I see Tris's hand moving towards her back pocket,I realize that she is probably reaching for a knife or something,on the inside I feel satisfied but on the outside I show nothing,then something occurs to me,is it possible that Peter is here? I try hard not to bite my bottom lip,which is what I would naturally do,if he isn't here,there could be several reasons for it ,one; he's dead,which I try not to think about ,two; he is more useful than the rest of these people, I hope it's the second,even though that would mean he has betrayed us,that he has betrayed me,I swallow and wait.
.
"My orders are to take only two of you back to Erudite headquarters for testing," says Eric. "The rest of you are to be executed. There are several ways to determine who among you will be least useful to us."
I don't listen to him,trying not to think about anything and tune him out,but I can't help but let out a cry as he shoots a very young candor boy,I force myself to stop trying to get free and help the people here somehow,I look Eric directly in the eyes,"Most of the Divergent get two results in the aptitude test. Some only get one. No one has ever gotten three, not because of aptitude, but simply because in order to get that result, you have to refuse to choose something," he looks at Tris, "or choose both" he looks at me,and I feel my jaw clench but I try to look at him without showing any emotions,he can not know nor find out ,I keep saying and that's what gets me through.
.
Apparently when the Erudite reached the lobby stairwell, one of them didn't go up to the second floor. Instead, she ran up to one of the highest levels of the building. There she evacuated a group of loyal Dauntless—including Tobias—to a fire escape the Dauntless traitors had not sealed off. Those loyal Dauntless gathered in the lobby and split into four groups that stormed the stairwells simultaneously, surrounding the Dauntless traitors, who had clustered around the elevator banks.
The Dauntless traitors were not prepared for that much resistance. They thought everyone but the Divergent was unconscious, so they ran.
The Erudite woman was Cara. Will's older sister whom I consider as my sister too and so does she towards me.
.
After getting help with getting the small disk out of my body,I try to find Cara,as I'm walking I hear Caleb and Tris talk,I don't pay attention until I hear the name Peter,I slow my walking and try to listen,"He is where you would expect him to be," Caleb replies.
"Erudite," says Tris and I gulp,walking away from them,I feel happy that he hasn't died,but also bad that he had betrayed our side.