Chapter 21

The next morning I get up ,and get ready,I don't see Tris anywhere and Drew is missing too,which could only mean one thing: they tried to hurt her last night . I chew on my upper lip ,hoping Peter didn't have anything to do with this,I don't know why I feel this way,I just don't want him to be involved,we were starting to become friends,I don't want him to hurt Tris,but deep down I know it was probably him too, I sigh and poke my food,until I see Tris walk in the cafeteria and sit next to Will ,she looks,well,hurt ,to say the least,I chew on my lip again and wait.
"What happened?" Will asks and I look at Tris ,she looks at the table behind ours ,where Peter and Molly sit,without Drew, "Peter,Drew ..., and Al" she says,my breath gets stuck in my throat "Oh God," says Christina, her eyes wide. "Are you all right?" Uriah asks her. Peter's eyes find mine across the dining hall, and I have to force myself to look away,I can't believe he did that.
"But you're just..." Uriah purses his lips. "It isn't fair. Three against one?" "Yeah, and Peter is all about what's fair. That's why he grabbed Edward in his sleep and stabbed him in the eye." Christina snorts and shakes her head. "Al, though? Are you sure, Tris?"
"Yeah," She says. "I'm sure." "It has to be desperation," says Will. "He's been acting...I don't know. Like a different person. Ever since stage two started."
Drew enters the cafeteria,I gasp,his face is swollen and his lip is cut,he looks like he got hit by a truck.
"Did you do that?" hisses Will at Tris She shakes her head. "No. Someone—I never saw who—found me right before..." She gulps. "...I got tossed into the chasm." "They were going to kill you?" says Christina in a low voice. "Maybe. They might have been planning on dangling me over it just to scare me." She lifts a shoulder. "It worked." Christina gives her a sad look. Will just glares at the table. "We have to do something about this," Uriah says in a low voice.
"What, like beat them up?" Christina grins. "Looks like that's been taken care of already." "No. That's pain they can get over," replies Uriah. "We have to edge them out of the rankings. That will damage their futures. Permanently." Four gets up and stands between the tables. Conversation abruptly ceases. "Transfers. We're doing something differ- ent today," he says. "Follow me." We stand, and Uriah's forehead wrinkles. "Be careful," he tells her "Don't worry," says Will. "We'll protect her."
.
When we get back to the dorm,Al is there. "Tris," says Al, his voice breaking. "Can I talk to you?" "Are you kidding?" Will squeezes her shoulders. "You don't get to come near her ever again." "I won't hurt you. I never wanted to..." Al covers his face with both hands. "I just want to say that I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, I don't...I don't know what's wrong with me, I...please forgive me, please...." I feel bad for him,despite the things he has done,there is still a part of me that wants to give him another chance. "Stay away from me," Tris says quietly.
"Never come near me again."
"If you do, I swear to God I will kill you," she says . "You coward."
.
I'm back at the chasm,where Tris almost got killed last night,I sigh and listen to the water,everything is so complicated,so,very terrible,I hear some shuffling and see someone sit next to me ,Peter. I get up ,so does he "A hello would be nice" he scoffs and then it's my turn to scoff , "yeah,specially for someone like you" I say and he looks hurt for a second,I feel bad and open my mouth to apologize but close it fast,not wanting to be nice to him currently,we stay there standing,not saying anything for a few second "why did you do that?" I say quietly,it's his turn to open his mouth and not say anything,closing his mouth , he shrugs "I was trying to help you Peter,I am trying to help you" I say ,he looks up at me,seeming angry ,I don't know why he's angry at me "really? Were you? Are you? Cause I remember Me kissing you and You pulling away" he scoffs again ,I clench my jaw "that doesn't have anything to do with helping you " I say and roll my eyes " whatever " he says and starts to walk  away ,I look at him leave and then sit back down again.