Chapter Four

"Papyrus!"

Alex's voice echoed down the snowy path. A light, chilly gust of wind carried down as Papyrus turned to Alex with a quick jolt.

"Huh? Alex! I-I wasn't expecting you so soon!" Papyrus stuttered. Alex exhaled sharply. "I think it's time we put this to an end." Alex said. "Yes. Yes! I fully agree! ...what do you mean by that exactly?" Papyrus asked. "You wanna capture me, and I can't accept capture." Alex stated. "Ah, so it's time for us to fight then!" Papyrus said, raising his fists.

Alex shook his head. "I don't want to fight." He reached into his back pocket, pulling out a black leather wallet. "I want to show you something." He said. Papyrus tilted his head in confusion. Alex walked up to Papyrus, standing in front of him. He held up a picture. Papyrus looked down at it.

The photograph depicted Alex at a table in a fancy restaurant with a girl. It was nighttime. They were dressed nicely and smiling happily. The girl was very pretty. She had long flowing black hair, deep brown eyes that were brighter than Alex's, and tanned skin. Papyrus took this in.

"Her name is Jasmine."

"Ah. You have a girl up there. And she's...special to you?" Alex nodded. "Very special. I know that, up there, she's worried sick about me. I need to get back to her." Alex said firmly. Papyrus squirmed a bit. "Ergh...but-but, I'm supposed to capture you..." Papyrus said hesitantly, staring at Alex's picture.

Alex pocketed the picture. "Put yourself in my shoes, Papyrus... Imagine that you were in my position, and it was Sans up there on the surface. What would you say to me?" Alex proposed. "Well, I'd tell you how important my brother is to me, and then I'd ask very nicely if I could...oh..." Papyrus sighed, all at once understanding how Alex must've felt. Alex waited silently as Papyrus mulled it over.

Papyrus sighed again. "Alright. I won't capture you." He said. Alex exhaled a sigh of relief. "Thank you." "You're welcome." Papyrus sighed. Alex nodded and began to continue down the trail. "Where are you going?" Papyrus asked. "Forward." Alex answered.

"It's getting late." Papyrus pointed out. Alex looked up and noticed how dark it was. "Yeah. I guess it is." Alex said. "You can stay at my house if you'd like." Papyrus offered. Alex nodded. "Okay. Yeah, I'd appreciate that." "Come. I will take you to my home." Papyrus said.

~~~

Papyrus led Alex into his two story home. Alex was greeted with a gust of warm air as he entered the house. He stood between the living room and a dining table. On the left side of the house was a set of stairs. The upper level had three doors. In front of Alex was the entrance to the kitchen.

"Welcome to my humble home, Alex! Looks like Sans hasn't come back from his second job yet. I forget how many of those he has. Anyways, there's the couch and the table and the bathroom is the middle door up there. You can sleep in my room. It's the first door on the left up there." Papyrus said. "Oh no no that's fine. I'll take the couch." Alex insisted. Papyrus shrugged. "If you say so."

"Well, I suppose it's time to start on the dinner spaghetti!" "Heheh. Sure. You pretty passionate about cooking?" Alex asked. Papyrus nodded excitedly. "Yes! Spaghetti is my favorite food! I cook it every day, I love it so much. Also, it's the only cooking lesson I ever finished with Undyne." "Haha. That's awesome. I'm not the biggest cook, but I've learned a few tips and tricks." "Have you learned spaghetti??" Papyrus rubbed his palms together.

Alex nodded, and Papyrus jumped excitedly. "Great! You can help me prepare!"

Papyrus grabbed Alex and pulled him into the kitchen. He handed Alex an apron, and they washed their hands. "Alright! I'll handle the noodles! You take the meat!" Papyrus instructed. They began cooking. Papyrus set the spaghetti to boil as Alex worked on mixing up the meat.