Chapter Two

That Cameron guy can not get out of my thoughts. I felt like I should have at least made a conversation with him. But it wouldn't make a difference anyways.

"Shawn. Eat your dinner." I look up and nod at dad.

I finished my dinner and went into my room.

My room seemed different. Of course it does.

"Keep it clean!" I hear dad yell downstairs.

Normally I would be irritated but at least he added a vanilla scent to my room.

After I brushed my teeth, I fly to my bed and just lay there. I close my eyes dreaming of nothingness.

-

"Shawn."

"What mom?" I sit up on the bed with my covers.

"Dress nicely. We are going out to have breakfast." I sigh.

"Okaaay."

I dress "nicely" and put on my shoes and fixed my hair.

We're driving off to some fancy café that mom keeps saying is amazing. I don't really care even if we went to eat chicken at Wal-Mart. But I have to stay happy for my family. Because if I die having them think that I was depressed, even though I'm not, I would feel incredibly bad.

We came to an actually nice café and we went inside. And once we did I took back everything I said about not caring where we ate.

"Hey welcome to Liberty Café how man-" He instantly smiled when he saw me. "Just the four of you?"

"Yes it is." Dad says. I can't help but to smile back.

"Right this way."

I walked faster and closer to him. Wow I'm a weirdo.

"So you work here huh?" He smiles and nods.

"Yeah. Nice to see you." A giggle escapes my mouth. "Okay this is your table. My name is Cameron. Anything you like?"

You. Ahaha if I could say that.

"Coffee. Decaf." Mom says.
"Chocolate milk!" Aaliyah shouts.
"Pepsi is fine." Dad.

He turns to me and smiles.

"Water is good." I say.

"Okay I'll be right back. Here are your menus." We take the menus and he walks away.

After he did I didn't even notice my heart was beating quick.

Wow. I don't even remember what it's like to have a fast heartbeat.

"Sweetie isn't he the guy from yesterday?"

"Yeah mom." I say smiling bright.

"You know him? Because you both kept smiling at each other like you were best friends." Dad says.

"No. But I guess it's that instant best friend bond." I say. Both my parents smiled and Cameron comes back with the drinks.

"I think he likes you Shawn." Aaliyah says at the wrong moment.

I instantly heated up and had a rapid heartbeat. I'm betting that my face is a bright red right now. I look at Cameron and he has a dark pinkish blush. But he's smiling.

"Aaliyah!" Mom yells. Dad just laughs as he is noticing what's going on.

After placing the drinks on the table, Cameron gets his notepad out again.

"Ready to order?" Without even looking at the menu, mom, dad, and Aaliyah already ordered what they wanted. As for me, I didn't even look at the menu yet! He turns to me as I open the menu.

"Ummm..." There's so many options. What should I get? I scanned over and over. So I just winged it. "Just give me whatever is good." Mentally I screamed.

"Okay then. I'll be back with your orders. You guys are fast." He says laughing. He takes the menus and walks to the kitchen.

"Very smooth Shawn." Dad says. I glared at him.

I sit quietly watching some random thing that is on the tv because honestly I'm pretty nervous. And for what?

Ten minutes passed and Cameron comes back with food.

"Here's the clown pancake for the little one. Sunny side up eggs with sausages and ham for the gentleman. Crêpes with strawberries and blueberries for the lady." Then he turns to me and he smiles. "This is my favorite dish. A countryside omelette. No tomatoes because they tend to ruin it. Hope you like it." I heat up and thank him.

I look at my food and honestly it looks delicious. I take a bite and it was amazing and crispy. I look at Cameron and put a thumbs up. He smiles wide.

"Glad you like it. Now if you need anything just ask."

"Take my son out." I choke on my food and dad looked so guilty for joking like that.

Cameron comes over and pats my back.

"You good there?" I nod.

"Yeah I'm good." He nods and walks away observing other people.

"Manuel! How could you say that?" Mom says to dad.

"I'm sorry Shawn. I didn't know you would react that way. I thought you two could be friends." I just shook my head.

"It's okay dad. I was just surprised that's all." I was surprised. I don't want him as a friend. Although he is amazing I dont want him to know about me or be my friend because then I'll be pitied. And that's the last thing I want.

We eat our food and Cameron comes to make sure everything is alright and if we wanted any refills. He also chats with my dad because dad asked him questions. So I know a little bit about him now.

Cameron picks up our plates after we finished. After he does he asks if we want anything else.

"No thank you young man. Just the check." Cameron nods at dad.

He brings the check and dad puts down a fifty and then gets his change. As for the tip, dad gave a twenty.

"He is good. I like him"

"Thank you so much sir." Cameron says with a bright smile. Dad nods and we got up to leave.

As soon as we reached the door someone taps my back. It was Cameron. He gives me a slip of paper.

"If you don't want to talk atleast say hi? Please?" It's a number written on it. I smile.

"Okay sure do." He smiles and I head out.