Chapter Nine

Shawns POV

Another day another smile. I wake up to the multiple texts Cameron sent me.

Heyy Goodmorning!

Did I text you too early?

Sorry if I did!

Well anyways we're going to have another exciting day!

I mean a fun one hopefully to you too. It's another surprise!

Wear something casual if you like. I'll pick you up at three thirty.

Sorry I should've just put this in a paragraph.

Okay that's enough texting. See you later!

I chuckled at the texts. I look at the time and it's only one fifty. I get off of bed. I have plenty of time. So I sleep a little longer.

When I woke up it's almost two. I take a shower making sure to scrub every part of my body. I got out and dried myself and sprayed some cologne I rarely used. I put on a basic black baseball tee that is a little tight on me and blue jeans. I go into the bathroom and fixed my hair a little. I go downstairs to have a quick  lunch. Mom and dad was in the kitchen talking and Aaliyah is watching tv.

As I grabbed a box of oatmeal, mom and dad whistles to me.

"Jeez honey, never seen you look so nice."

"Yeah. Are you going to party? I can see your pecks through that shirt." Dad says jokingly.

"It's only a basic outfit." I say.

"I know but your hair and..." Mom sniffs. "And you're finally using that cologne? I can smell it from here."

To be honest now that I realized, why am I trying to look my best for Cameron? I mean I want to impress him. Does that mean I might like him? I mean I never used cologne or even tried fixing my hair. The past two days I just went without much preparation but now I'm really getting prepared. Maybe it's just a way to appreciate what he is doing for me so I should dress more better. I think. Besides he probably doesn't swing that way.

I stayed silent and I ignored them.

I ate a bowl of oatmeal and went upstairs to brush my teeth. I only used a small amount of toothpaste because otherwise it'll leave a unpleasant taste since I ate. And before I knew it, I heard the door knocks.

"I got it." I say.

I opened the door and I smiled. Cameron looked so... Hot. Okay he looks hot.

"So u-um are you ready?" He asks. I smiled.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I say. He smiles.

"Okay but can we talk to your parents?" He asks. I was confused. But I nodded. We walked to the kitchen and mom and dad smiles wide.

"You're looking handsome as well." Dad says elbowing my mom.

"Thanks Mr. Mendes. Um I have a question, well more like a huge favor." I turn to Cameron and my parent's eyes are on him.

"Okay what is it?" Mom asks.

"I want to take Shawn on a two day trip." My heart races and my parents mouth opened slightly. Dad scratches his head and turns to mom.

"Ummmm..."

"Please. I will make sure he's safe and cared for. I promise."

"Well..."

I didn't know how to feel but a little excited. I turned to look at my parents. I just raised and eyebrow and smiled.

"You know I guess I would finally live with risks to take. Right mom?" She smiles.

"Okay. But you would have to make sure to call us if anything ever happens. Manny?" We turn to dad and he smiles.

"If your mother thinks it's okay. Then I do NOT!"

"But-" Cameron starts.

"I'm playing around. Go have your fun. It's better than staying in your room all day." At first I glared at him but I had to laugh which surprised my parents.

"Thanks guys." I hugged my parents and I turn to Cameron.

"So I should probably bring a backpack."

"Yeah. That would be a good idea."

I went upstairs and pack three days worth of clothes. Just in case and I put in some supplies like my charger and my old camera. Wow. It's almost as old as my guitar and still looks good. I brought a comb and other things. After I'm done I go downstairs and meet with Cameron.

I said my byes and got out. We get into his car and we are off.

"You're dad reminds me of my mom. Who is now at a airport."

"For?"

"An important meeting in France I guess." I nodded. That's cool.

"Jaxx not here?" I asked.

"No he's at home." I nodded. He opens his mouth but nothing comes out. Like he's trying to say something but is hesitating. Then he finally said it. "You look good today." I smiled.

"Thanks you look handsome yourself." I say chuckling. He laughs.

"Thanks."

He turns on the radio and we are driving to the unknown. And to be honest I have a feeling this isn't on the survey. Dr. Goldy gave it to me as a way to see if I'm actually "depressed" but I guess passed it because I filled it out good. The only thing I put on what I would love to do is go hot air ballooning and go forest walking. So this will be new. A two day trip huh?

We stop in front of a house with a woman waiting.

"This is my home. And that is my evil sister who I love so much. Please ignore her though." He says laughing. I laugh too.

"Nice house. And what's your sister's name?"

"Sierra."

She comes in and goes in the back.

"Hello there you must be Shawn!" She seems so nice. I don't know why Cameron told me to- "You look hot. Came to steal my brother away from me."

Oh.

"I uh, he-" I stopped.

"Sierra stop it. Thanks anyways for this."

"No problem. Going in a two day honeymoon huh?" I immediately blushed. I know I am.

"No Sierra. Just helping him live a little." I smiled and Cameron turns to smile back.

"Awwww." She says with her hands holded. "Anyways, I hope you get your heart. You seem like a good kid. Although you already have a strong heart anyways." I smiled wide and thanked her. She's not so bad. Not totally. The way she said it. I guess she is Cameron's sister. They both are kind in a way.

We stop at a train station. My jaw drops and I was amazed. It was incredibly appealing. I turn to Cameron and he has a smirk.

"Glad you like it... Sierra, don't crash my car." He says about to get out.

"And don't break the bed." She says deviously. Don't break the bed?

"I will end you. And feed Jaxx." He says. I chuckle.

We got our backpacks and ride on the train. Cameron already had the tickets. Of course he did. When we got inside it looked amazing. I got the seat by the window and Cameron sits next to me.

"This is the surprise?" I asked.

"Part of it."

I guess I will fall in love with him. Thanks heart.