Chapter Six

"So where are we going?" I ask Cameron as he's driving.

"Since you're not familiar with the outside world that much you don't know this town's events do you?"

"Uhh no?" I said questionably.

"Okay."

I started to get nervous for no reason. If it has to do with people, I'm so not ready for it.

We head out to a plain field where there was no building in site.

"You know if you're actually an ax muderer just tell me now." I say jokingly. He laughs.

"No. Just wait. We're almost there."

After a couple minutes there's a small group of people and a huge sheet covering something big.

We parked in front of them and we got out of his car.

"You're just in time Cam." He goes over to shake the man's hand.

"Thank you so much for this Roger."

"No problem. Well lets take this sheet off."

My eyes widen. A hot air balloon? I have always wanted to ride on one! I turned to Cameron with a big smile. Wow I smiled big.

"I kind of read too much of your reports and read one survey you did with Dr. Goldy." I chuckled.

"Well now you know so much about me. But thanks Cameron." I say with a small smile.

The older guy starts to fire up the balloon and it is ready to float. And he gives Cameron instructions.

"Okay Cameron I already told you what to do so be careful." He nods and turns to me.

"Well lets go!" I gladly walked to the balloon and got on.

The man takes off the rope and we are steadily going up. Cameron fired it up a little more and I can see a better bigger view. Every thing seems to be in slow motion right now. It's like flying away. The higher up we go the more I'm able to see. And the sunset, amazing. Also seeing the birds fly into our balloon. Cameron notices my intense focus and admiration and puts an arm on me.

"Amazing isn't it?" He asks in such a soft voice.

"Yeah. Very."

It starts to get a little windy and one of the birds fly onto my head. I laughed softly.

"Better not shit on me." I say. Cameron bursts out laughing. Then it flies away. I laughed and rubbed my hair.

"So Cameron I need to know more about you." I say turning to him. He nods and chuckles.

"Well I like to go around and explore a little. I just love to cheer up people and make them smile. I work for the café as you already know. Interning for my mom during the night so I could have experience so I can be a ER doctor. And I am in love with my dog." I laughed. "And I guess that's it for now about me."

"Wow you really are a cool guy." I say patting his back.

"Well it's natural." He says coolly. And I laugh. God I laughed more today than I did in five years combined.

After half an hour later the balloon starts to go down slowly. Ten more minutes passed and we landed safely on the ground. We met up with Roger who got out of his truck.

"Had fun?" He asked. I nodded happily.

"Yeah thanks Rog. I really appreciate it." Cameron says.

"Okay lets go back." We nodded.

We deflated the balloon and set it in the truck. Then we drove back to our spot and went to the car after thanking Roger and his crew again.

We drove away and I'm thinking we're not going home yet.

We stop at a bakery. I turn to Cameron and he has a grin.

"Lets get some muffins." I shook my head and smiled.

We bought, more like Cameron bought me the muffins. They were so warm and soft. Probably because Cameron told the bakers to give me the freshest batch. It's so funny that this doesn't feel like pity. It feels like he's giving me a vibe. A good one. Not pity. But something else.

We arrive at my house and I hugged Cameron.

"Thanks A lot. I never had such a great time in years." I say sincerely.

"Good. Now be ready for tomorrow!" He says excitedly. I also was excited. Another day with Cameron.

"Okay! What is it?" I asked.

"A surprise." I pout and he laughs. "Just wear some shorts and a shirt." I nod.

"Okay. See you tomorrow." He smiles and waves.

"And please eat." He really did read all my reports. I laugh.

"Stalker. But okay I will." He laughs and drives away and I wave.

I go inside my house and my family are eating.

"Just in time for dinner." I smile and sit with my family.

"Before you say anything. I had an amazing time. I went hot air ballooning and ate some fresh muffins."

They nodded and smiled. And I ate happily and actually ate the entire dinner this time. And I have Cameron to thank.

>>>

Finally! Last day of senior year! I should be updating more now. Maybe a lot! But yeah thanks for reading and voting again! Also I think someone made ANOTHER *cough* Shameron *cough* me *cough* book.