Chapter Nineteen

One week later...

I slowly open my eyes and the room is dark. I turn to the window and the sky is a dark blue color. So it must be like five in the morning. I turn the other way and someone is watching tv right next to me. I was confused and I tried to poke the person. My hand moves slowly and I managed to touch the person. The person turns their head and got up. The person turned on the light.

"Too bright." I say. I close my eyes to block the light. The person sat next to me. Once my eyes were able to focus I look at the person and once I realized who it was memories surfaced through my head and tears fall off my cheek. "Cameron?" I couldn't believe it!

"About time you woke up. It's been a week." He says laughing.

God if this is a dream I swear...

I touched Cameron. He feels real.

"Hello to you too Shawn."

"You're alive." I say barely audible.

"Yup!"

I hugged him so quick and hard. He hugs me back just as tight.

"Oh god Cameron! I love you I love you I love you."

"I love you too. I love you so much."

We continued to hug until I kissed him fully and passionately. It gets heated for a while until someone knocks on the door.

His mom.

"Oh dear he's awake?" His mom says excited.

"Yeah mom it worked." I looked at Cameron confused.

"What's going on?" I say finally.

"You know how my mom went to France?" I nodded. "Well she went to that important meeting and they were researching a new drug that can regenerate cardiac cells of the heart and it took them so long to research it so they had health professionals around the world to help. She was one of them. They finally succeeded but they needed to test it."

"And I nominated you. They agreed. Then all of that happened... I literally barged into the operating room and screamed stop. Then I injected the drug into your heart. I talked to your parents about it. It was a huge risk because your heart was so damaged but we did it. And now look at you. Now we will perform some tests to see how your heart is doing."

I sighed and relief and started crying.

"Oh thank God." I covered my eyes and Cameron hugs me.

A couple hours later the doctors finished the testing and my family came in and hugged me. I hugged them back.

"God you're such a fighter." Dad says.

"My sweet baby put up a good one." Mom says.

Aaliyah just hugs me. "My brother is amazing."

We all literally spent the whole day together in the hospital room. Then finally Dr. Goldy and Cameron's mom comes in.

"The drug is a success!" Dr. Goldy says. "Your heart is better than it was last month." I sigh in relief.

"Thank god."

"Now if you want, you can be discharged. But you'll have to come back once a week." I smiled and nodded.

"I don't care. As long as he's with me." I turn to Cameron and he has a goofy smile. "And I'm with my family." I say happily.

>>>><<<<

Two months later...

"Your heart is completely healed! You no longer have to have injections anymore. It's a revolutionary breakthrough!" Dr. Goldy says happily. I turn to Cameron and he has a big smile.