Chapter Four

"You did excellent Cameron." My mom says and I wrap the hospital bracelet on Shawn's wrist.

"Thanks mom. That honestly was the scariest thing I experienced." She looks at Shawn and chuckles.

"So this is your boyfriend?" I felt like I was on fire.

"No! I mean- no! He's a uh friend."

"Okay okay. Don't be so defensive." I ignore her and type in more information on the computer.

It might seem wrong but I have all his information. He's eighteen. Brown eyes. Six foot. His weight, address, personal number, and blood type. Huh. AB positive. Just like mine. A rare blood type. I just typed in a report and did my thing.

It's nine in the morning and I went into Shawn's room for a checkup and he's sitting up. I knock on his door and he smiles small when he saw me. God that smile is amazingly handsome. Like the rest of him. And his body. So muscularly built. And now that I realized, I completely forgot about the hospital gown! Luckily the tubes and wires were removed.

"Hey." He says.

"Hi. How are you feeling?" I asked sitting on the hospital bed.

"Good... So you're a doctor?"

"ER intern. My mom works here." He nods impressed.

"Wow. You seem like a cool guy then." He says with a chuckle.

"Yeah." I push my hair back trying to act seductive. "I know." He laughs and I laugh too.

"Where's my dad?"

"Coming back with new clothes for you. I kinda had to rip the clothes you had on. Speaking of which, can you put on a hospital gown? I forgot to put one on you."

"Sure." I get up and take one out of a drawer and take off the plastic covering it. I turn around and he's standing, waiting. My heart races at the sight of his nice body. I slowly gave it to him and he thanks me.

"Can you tie the strings on the back."

He puts it on and turns around. I tie the back strings and observing his strong back. And I unconsciously touch it.

"Is there something on my back?" He asks. I jerk my hand away and heat up.

"Uh yeah there was a piece of hair."

"Oh."

He sits back down on the bed.

"I'll be back when your family comes." He nods.

"Before you go can you open the window and turn on the tv?"

"Sure."

After about twenty minutes his family come in.

"Oh my goodness. Hi!" Shawn's mom says.

"Hello Mrs. Mendes. You want to see Shawn now? He's awake." They nod and followed me.

"So you're a doctor?" Mr. Mendes asked.

"No just a intern."

"Wow. You're so skilled you might as well be a professional." He says. I laughed.

"Thanks."

We get to Shawn's room and I knock on the door. We all came in and Shawn smiles.

"How's my big boy doing?" His mom asked.

"Good. This is why you can't do night shifts." Shawn says plainly.

"I would still be going to work either way. How the hell will we pay for your hospital bills." That sounded so cruel but Shawn smiles a little and puts a thumbs up and laughs.

My mom comes in and does her thing with questions. As the intern I don't have to do anything but observe. And this morning what I did wasn't suppose to happen but it did.

"Okay. If you feel alright then you can be discharged." Shawn nods and gets up.

"Immediately please. I had enough of hospitals." He says.

"Oh have you?" A woman said. She's the cardiologist.

"Yes Dr. Goldy." Shawn sighs.

"Don't start with that." Shawn chuckles.

"Okay we'll just leave. Hope you stay well. Come on Cameron." I nod at my mom.

"Bye Shawn." I say.  He waves.

>>>

Shawn's POV

"So you're friends with the intern ayy?" I just shook my head.

"I guess. But what are you doing here?" I asked confused.

"What? Can't stop by to say hello?"

"No." I say pretending to be serious.

"Well, your appointments are twice a month now." I sigh again. And I laugh because she gives me the look.

-

After I changed my clothes I walk out with Cameron. Now he knows about my heart. But he doesn't seem to pity me.

"So you know about my heart?" I ask.

"Yeah. But you'll manage." I stop and looked at him jaw dropped. And he looks guilty.

"Shit I'm so sorry I thought you would hate it if I say something else that sounded like pity. And with the way your mom-" I cut him off with a laugh.

"No it's okay. I like what you just said. I was just shocked." He sighs in relief and we continue walking. "How old are you? Now that you probably know a lot about me."

"Twenty-two. Graduated from college just recently. Interning to be a ER doctor like my mom. And by the way, you scared the living hell out of me when you came in and fell." I laugh slightly.

"Sorry. But thanks for saving my life." I say putting my hand where my heart is. We laugh and I gave him a small hug and smiled a little wide.

"No problem." Now I will actually text him. "But are you free this afternoon?

"I always stay at home because I don't want to leave. Even though my mom keeps telling me to live my life and make friends and do something, she won't even let me get a gallon of milk alone at a supermarket. So it's a debatable thing." He laughs and looks at me with a big smile.

"Well in that case why don't I come over?"

"You're like a hundred years older than me." I say jokingly.

"Only four years dude!" He says laughing.

"I know." I say. I feel comfortable with him. But I don't want to be too comfortable because I don't want to drive him away. But like it would matter.

"So four? P.m.?" He asked.

"Okay." I said. I see mom, dad, and Aaliyah. "See ya."

"Wait! What's your address?" I stared at him.

"You have my information." He blushes embarrassingly.

"Oh yeah." I chuckled and leave the hospital with my family.