Chapter Eleven

"Cameron I don't know about this." I say worried.

"Shawn trust me. You'll be fine." I nervously nod. He reaches his hand out and I held it.

We go into carnival and it doesn't look so bad. It actually looks relaxing and fun. We got some tickets from the booth.

"Okay we are going to start small and work our way up." I nodded.

We started at the Ferris Wheel. Simple enough. We got on and I feel at ease. Probably because Cameron is squeezing my hand gently. As the ride goes up it actually turned out to be relaxing. Sunny clear skies. A little windy. But it's calm.

We went on the carousel which was a little fast but fun. I rode on a duck and I felt like I'm renewing my childhood.

My childhood... I smiled wide and just started laughing.

"Wow you seem to be having a lot of fun." Cameron says next to me.

"So much fun!" And for the first time. I was excited.

The next one I was a little worried about. It was a swing ride, where you get on a seat and the thing spins you around. Or whatever they're called.

"Do you want to do this?" Cameron asks.

"... Yeah. Besides..." I turn to him with a smile. "My heart isn't getting any stronger." He smiles and nods.

I get on and my heart races a little bit. Everyone gets on and the machine slowly starts. Now that I think of it, the only reason my heart is  racing is because I'm nervous. So I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

"And you're off!" A man says.

The seat rises and speeds up. As it got higher and faster I can feel a smile on my face. And I'm screaming in excitement.

Throughout the day I went on multiple rides and on game stands. Like darting balloons, knocking down pins, and fun stuff like that. I have a good arm because I'm carrying three large stuffed animals. A penguin, frog, and lion. And Cameron has small items like a frisbee, a whistle, and a keychain. Which made me laugh so hard.

"Here you can get the frog, my lovely prince."  I say jokingly. He smiles and blushes and takes it.

"Thank you."

It's late afternoon and I start to feel hungry.

"Hey Cameron I'm getting hungry I'm going to buy a burger." I say letting go of his hand that I just realized I was holding.

"No no no. I'm taking you out to a good diner." I laugh.

"Okay. Lead the way." I say to him.

We walk out of the carnival still carrying our prizes.

"Hey Cameron why didn't we just used your car?" I asked.

"Honestly because I thought it would be more fun for you. Since you sound like the type to like train rides for travel." I blush. "I didn't expect you would win big prizes. So I guess we will carry them across town."

"Well I actually like the train ride. So thank you for that."

"No problem although we will use my car next time." I laughed and nodded.

-

We finally head back to the house and I'm worn out. It's been so fun today. I never realized how much fun a person can have.

"Hey how's your heart holding up?" Cameron says laying next to me in bed.

"It's good. Just makes more tired. I'm beat." He chuckles and we look at our eyes. I couldn't look away, his eyes are gorgeous.

"Well tomorrow will be awesome too." He says smiling.

"Cameron? Why are you doing this for me?" I ask. "I mean I extremely appreciate it and I don't know how to repay you. But we just met like less than a week ago."

"I already told you didn't I?" I was certainly confused.

"Noo?"

"Yes I did. You know why." I thought really hard. And as soon as I figured it out I think my face turned red of blush.

"Because I'm special." I say quietly. Finally breaking eye contact.

"See told you." He says rubbing my head.

I smile a big smile. He turns off the light and we turn toward each other.

"Thanks Cameron."

"You're welcome. Good night."

>>>

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! But it won't stay cute for long...