Chapter Five

I go up to my room and I make sure everything doesn't look too gloomy.

I open the curtains and... That's pretty much it since dad cleaned my room. So instead I changed my outfit to something more confortable. I don't think cameron would mind if I dress like I'm about to go to sleep.

I sit on my bed playing with the old guitar dad bought me while I'm waiting. I haven't played that thing in so long it still looks in great condition.

Someone knocks on my door an hour later.

"Come in, door is unlocked." It's a smiling Cameron.

"Hey there. You play guitar?"

I get up and set my guitar in it's case and slid it under my bed.

"Yeah a little." He sits on my bed and I do too.

"Cool. So what do you want to do?" I kind of felt embarrassed because I actually don't know.

"I don't know honestly." I sighed.

"Well what do you like to do?" He asks.

"Honestly I sleep all day everyday." I said laughing a little.

"Aw come on. How about when you don't?"

There's one thing that I do when I can't sleep again when I wake up. And that's looking outside. Admiring all that's around me. From the color of the grass to the shape of the clouds.

"I just go outside." I say. Then he gets up.

"Then lets go." I agreed and we went downstairs and went out from the back.

When we did go outside Cameron sees the hammock and run towards it.

"Oh this is nice!" He gets on it and relaxes.

"Yeah. My mom got that for me to relax." He immediately gets up.

"Oh I'm sorry I-"

"No no no it's good. I don't mind anyways." He smiles and gets back on it. Then his face redens.

"Why don't you lay with me?" I chuckled. I was surprised, I mean he's probably trying to be nice.

"Sure. I just hope the hammock can hold us both." We chuckle and I lay with him.

It was a nice feeling. It's like everything is going to be okay. I look at the sky and it's not cloudy. Just a blue sky.

"So Shawn tell me about yourself that I don't know." Cameron says laughing. I laugh too.

"Nothing really. Only that I have a weak heart and-"

"No not that. Like personal. Like who you are. Not what you have." I'm blushing. I know I am at least a little.

"Well I was born in Canada but I'm partially Portuguese. I really love to sing and play the guitar. I hate tomatoes and speaking of that thanks for the omelette." He chuckles and nods. "I have big dreams to perform at a sold out concert of my own. Well had. "

"Ohh I see." It seems like he is deep in thought. It actually makes him look sexier. I chuckled at that thought.

He looks at me and smiles. His smile. It's so contagious. Even if it's not as bright or wide as his.

"What?" He asks.

"Nothing."

We just layed there for an hour and eventually we both slept on the hammock.

"Sweetie." I slowly open my eyes and mom is in front of me.

"Yeah?" She hands me my pills and a bottle of water.

I take them and give the bottle back to her.

"Hello Mr. Dallas I didn't see you come in." I turn to Cameron and he's awake.

"Yeah Mr. Mendes let me in." She nods.

"Okay, you two enjoy yourselves." What does she mean by that? There's a tone in her voice that makes it mean something else.

Cameron just laughs and turns to me.

"What were those?"

"Pills or 'special' vitamins for my heart. Since it'll take forever to recieve a new heart. These just increases my living." He nods.

"Oh." He gets off of the hammock and extends his hand. I gave him a comfused look. "Grab my hand. You are going to be living for real." I smile and grab his hand.

We go back inside and my parents are talking in the living room.

"Mr. And Mrs. Mendes? Can I take Shawn out?" They immediately went quiet. Mom looks at dad and dad looks at mom.

"Of course you can just make sure you take good care of him." Dad says. I smile at them.

"Of course." Cameron says.

And I'm dragged out the door by an excited Cameron.

You better get your shit together heart!

>>>>>

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been updating a lot I was so busy with finals and tomorrow is my last day of school! For good! Well that's unless I go to college which is probably a low possibility. But yeah thanks for reading and voting!