Chapter Eight

"Two vanilla waffle cones please?" Cameron says.

"Okay four dollars and fourteen cents." The lady said. I was about to pull out a five when Cameron put his hand over mine and gave the lady a five.

"I could've paid you know. You gave me two amazing days. It's the least I could do." I told him.

"I know but that wouldn't make me a gentleman would it? Besides I'm the one who said I'll treat you." He said with a smile. I smiled back and nodded.

"Thanks. I really appreciate what you done for me."

"No problem."

The lady gives us our change and a wink.

"Such lovely men you both are." We smiled and thanked her.

She gives us our cones with ice cream and we thank her. We went back to the car and Jaxx starts sticking his tongue out.

"Sorry boy you can't have some." Cameron says. Jaxx turns to me and starts licking my face. I chuckle then he stops.

"Can't have mine either." I say. He sits back on the seat and lays down whining. Cameron starts laughing.

"Jaxx not this time." I laugh and we start eating our ice cream.

Cameron finished it all and I only ate less than half. I chuckled saying,

"You sure do love ice cream."

"Yeah but I have to refill the gas tank and there's a gas station near by. So I rushed."

He starts the car and drives to the gas station. When we arrived he gets out.

"Want anything?"

"No I'm good. Thank you." He nods and goes into the gas station building. I turn to Jaxx with a big grin.

"Want some of my ice cream?" He puts his head up and barks with a happy tail. I hold half my cone for him. He finishes the ice cream and then the cone. After he's done he licks my face. I scratch under his ear and Cameron comes and opens the door.

"Seems like you two like each other." Cameron says with a smile. He pressed a button to open the gas tank door or whatever it's called and goes outside and puts the gas pump into the gas tank

-

"Bye Jaxx see you soon." He licks my face and I rub his chin area, I think. He stops and barks. "See ya Cameron thank you so much." I hug him and he hugs back. We both seem to be hugging for a while. But I don't mind. With his cologne and radiating body heat I would love to stay like this. Even though I can feel my body tingling.

"No problem." He finally says. I smile and head inside my home.

I walk in and just in time for dinner.

"Hello sweetie how's your day?" Mom asks.

"Good. We went to a nice forest and walked around with his dog." I say sitting down. "It was amazing."

"Probably why smell good. You're a human air freshener." Dad says. I chuckled.

"I want a dog." Aaliyah says.

"Maybe soon." Dad says.

"Well I'm glad you had a good time sweetie." Mom says.

We had a nice conversation and my parents are happy that I'm finally out of my room and talking like a normal person. Heck even Aaliyah. Filling me in on what happened in her school. And trust me it was A LOT. It feels good though being with my family like this.

>>>

Cameron's POV

I never wanted to stop hugging Shawn. He smelled like the forest a little. And his warm body felt great under my arms.

After he went inside I left and drove back home. All that was on my mind was I made Shawn happy.

There's just something about him that makes him so special. And my heart races every time I think about it. I couldn't be having a crush on him could I? I mean yeah he's good looking, but it goes beyond that. Oh god I think I like him. I smile at the thought. But it falters. Maybe he doesn't feel the same way. Or maybe he doesn't want to love at all. And the thing is, all we did was hang out. He didn't do anything that could make me like him on purpose. Maybe it's just the way he is. How he admires nature and his small laughs and smiles. Being more happy.

I arrive home and me and Jaxx got out of my car and head inside. I see a suitcase near the staircase.

"Oh you're home!" Mom says.

"Yeah. Who's suitcase is that? Is it Sierra's? She's finally leaving?" I said cheerfully.

"Shut up. I'm not leaving yet but not staying here forever." Sierra says in living room.

"That's disappointing." I say jokingly.

"I'm leaving in the morning." Mom says. "I'm leaving both you. You all are driving me crazy! Don't bother looking for me." I gave her a serious look. "Just kidding. There's a important meeting in France and they selected each health professional to come and I happen to be one of them." She says enthusiastically.

"Wow. In France?" She nodded.

"Depending on what it is, I'll be back maybe in a month max."

"A month?!" I said shocked.

"Oh shut up, you're twenty two. You're an adult who still won't leave my house. Sierra is the exception because she has her own home." I laughed and hugged my mom.

"You need me. You know that. You don't want to be alone." I told my mom rubbing her head.

"Cameron I do not-" I covered her mouth.

"Shhh.. You don't neeed to pretend you don't. I already know." She grabs my hand away from her face.

"Don't touch me." She goes into the kitchen and I laugh. (Based on true events with me and my mom.)

So I guess we will have the house to ourselves for the next month.