Chapter Twelve

"Hey Cameron where are we going?"

We walk behind the house and Cameron carries his backpack while he told me to leave mine. But I brought my camera with me.

"To a lake." He said. I laughed. He actually told me.

"Nice."

"Hey is that a polaroid?"

"Yeah. Got it a long time ago."

"Ohh cool."

We walk for a couple more minutes and we reach a big and glistening clear lake. I was in surprise. I immediately took a picture. It was stunning.

We walk onto a dock and I took off my shoes and sat down and my feet touched the water. Its a little cold but then feels warm.

"This is amazing." I say. I turn around and all the sudden Cameron runs only with boxers and tried to jump into the lake but he trips.

"Cannon ba-" I laugh hard and water splashes on me. "Oh shit it's cold!" He says coming up and grabbing hold of the dock. I laugh even harder and I thought yesterday I laughed the loudest.

"Dude you're crazy." I say still laughing. He smiles. I grab my camera and I take a picture of him while he has that amazing smile. "You don't mind do you?" I asked taking the picture anyways.

"No not at all." I take the film and gently put it to the side with the others under my shoes. "Aren't you going to get in?" I shook my head no. "Aw come on."

"I'm not a good swimmer." I say scratching my head.

"It's okay I'm not either but look at me."

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah!"

"But I'm good."

"Aww come on." He pouts and widen his eyes. I laugh.

"Fine." I got up and slowly took off my clothes because I felt a little shy doing it around him.

I'm only with my boxers and I jumped. You only live once. I guess.

The water was cold at first but then starts to feel warm. I float up and move my arms a little. This feels great! Lucky fish getting to live in the water. I looked up to Cameron who is on the dock and took a picture with me. Backwards selfie style. Then he jumps into the water swims near me and smiles.

"Are you good?" He asks. I nod.

"Yeah. I'm great. Now I just stay here for hours?" I ask confused. Now what?

"No." He says laughing. "We swim." He swims away and I try to do the same. I'm a little behind but he stops until I'm near him. "Relaxing huh?"

"Yeah. I never seen a lake so clear and amazing. And never knew how relaxing swimming can be." I say.

"Good."

After about half an hour we got out of the lake and I start to feel cold. Cameron brings his backpack and he takes out two towels.

"Here you go."

"Thanks."

We grabbed our clothes and walk back home. I mean to the house. Once we got in I grabbed my backpack and took out my boxers. Cameron is using the restroom so I quickly changed out of my wet boxers.

-

"So what are we doing the rest of the day?" I ask going through my backpack.

"Nothing. Just chill." He says laying on the bed. "Unless you have something in mind."

"Just taking pictures is all." I set OUR large stuffed animals on the bed while Cameron hugs them all. I took a picture and saved the film in a book with the others. I put my camera away and unplug the charger from my phone.

I call my parents to tell them everything is okay and I'm having fun.

I lay in bed with Cameron. Laying there comfortably. He rubs my head as I set my head on his chest.

"You wanna watch a movie?" He asks.

"Yeah sure." I say when really I want stay like this a bit longer.

We both got up and go to the living room as he does his thing with the VCR. When he finishes he sits down and I lean against him.

>

The next day we came back home. My parents were trying to hold in their relief and excitement. I just smile.

"Just let it out." I open my arms and they sigh and hug me tightly.

"Oh thank god you're okay. How's the trip?" Mom asks. "And where did you get those two big stuffed animals?"

"Its was amazing. And we went to a local carnival. I had so much fun. And speaking of that... I want to bond with you guys. Have any plans?" And as soon as I asked that my parents went crazy happy. It made me happy that I could make them happy.

If there's anything I got out of the trip with Cameron is that even with a heart condition I should live and I can't take it for granted. Because I don't want to die knowing that I haven't bonded with my family. Because it'll hurt them worse if I didn't bond with them.

Heart defect or not, I'll live everyday as much as I can.