Chapter Fourteen

It's already five P.M. and I have to wake Shawn up. Today I was planning on taking him to a open theatre I scheduled and have him perform. He told me his dream was to have sold out concerts. So why not have him show his talent to people and he can have a headstart. He work his way up and he'll be having sold out concerts in no time! I believe in him he'll make it. I know it. Well at least that's what I thought...

"Shawn wake up. Time to have fun! You'll be surprised." He doesn't move.
"Shaawwwnn." I move him but he doesn't wake up.
"Shawn?" I keep moving him but he doesn't wake up. I check his pulse and I don't feel it. My heart sinks. Probably to my stomach.
"Shawn!"

I put him down in the floor and immediately start CPR.

"SIERRA!! JESUS CHRIST CALL 911!" I yell from the top of my lungs. Please tell me she's still in her room. Please. Please. Please. Jaxx comes up and barks. "Jaxx go get Sierra!" I say loud but not too loud.

"What's going on?" I look at Shawn's unbreathing body as I'm trying to revive him.

"Shawn's heart stopped!" I continuously did CPR for ten minutes. I won't give up on him!
"Jesus Shawn come on! Not yet!"
"Shawn I swear to god if you don't wake up I'm keeping the stuffed animals, your camera, and your guitar!" I say desperate for his life. And until finally I can feel Shawn's hand move. My heart has probably jumped back up in place. Even Jaxx noticed and he barks and licks Shawn's face.

"Oh god he's moving ma'am." Sierra says to a operator on the phone.

"Oh god Shawn please stay with me." I stopped the CPR as I grab his hand and he slightly squeezes it.

"Don't. Touch... My guitar." He says smirking.

"I fucking hate you." I say crying onto him.

The paramedics finally come and takes him to the hospital. I have to call his parents.

We all meet up in the waiting room and we have to wait before we see Shawn. I explained what happened to Shawn and what I had to do. And I feel like it's my fault.

"I'm so sorry Mrs. And Mr. Mendes. I didn't mean for this to happen." I say crying into my hands. I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"It's not your fault. It would've happened either way. And you saved him." Mr. Mendes said.

"Yeah because I told him if he doesn't wake up I'm keeping his guitar." I say not helping but to laugh. They laugh too.

"Is he going to be okay mom?" I hear a girl say.

"Of course Aaliyah, he's fine." Ohh so that's Shawn's little sister.

A doctor finally comes to us a couple hours later. It's Dr. Goldy.

I immediately got up and so does his family.

"I'm apologize about Shawn but right now he's doing fine. His heart wasn't pumping enough oxygenated blood to his brain and lungs so now to prevent that he has to wear nasal cannulas to give him oxygen."

"So he needs to carry the oxygen tank too?" Mom says. Dr. Goldy nods.

"Can we see him?" I said maybe too desperately. She nods.

"Come with me."

We follow her to Shawn's room who is sitting down and looking depressed. But he says he's not so I won't say that.

His family goes to hug him and he hugs them back with a smile. I stand there and wait til he notices me. When he does he smiles and pats the spot next to him. I sit with him and his family.

After Dr. Goldy is explaining again about the situation Shawn grabs hold of my hand. I smile and I held it.

After being discharged from the hospital I hugged Shawn and tell him I'll see him tomorrow. And we quickly kissed. But as soon as I saw Shawn's eyes, I have the feeling that it's not what it used to be. Like you know how you can see expressions and emotions? It's weird but I feel Shawn might have changed. I hope I'm wrong.

"I love you." I say. And he nods and walks away.

Ouch. That hurted.