Chapter Thirteen

One month later...

Cameron's POV

A good month has passed and Shawn has been doing great which makes me happy. He even told me that he stopped sighing when he went to his appointment with Dr. Goldy. And speaking of that mom says she won't be back for another month. She says the meeting turned extremely important. But I still went to the hospital for interning.

I call Shawn earlier to see if he wanted to hang out at my place. I noticed that he's been spending A lot of time with his family. Must've been a lot of catching up to do family wise. It makes me happy that he's spending time with his family. And he even made sure to have time for me. And today is our day.

God I just like Shawn so much. It's so wierd. Like my life purpose is to make sure he's happy. I want to be with him so bad but I'm afraid he won't feel that way even though he's so comfortable around me.

But... I want to tell him today.

-

"Guess what Cameron?" Shawn asks.

"What." I say smiling to him.

"I got my driver's license today!" He says happily.

"Really? Let me see it!" I say happy for him.

"Nah. It's ugly." He says shaking his head on my chest.

"I'm pretty sure you look handsome." I say rubbing his head.

He gets up and I got up from the bed. He pulls out his wallet and gives me his driver's license ID.

"If you steal my identity I will kill you." He says pretending to be serious.

"I would never do that to you." I look at his picture and he looks absolutely handsome. "Yup. I can never steal your identity. You're too sexy." I say to him.  He blushes and takes the card.

"Shut up." He says laughing. Now's the time.

"Hey Shawn?" I say slowly and warming.

"Yeah?" He says turning to me.

"I have to tell you something." I say. He turns serious and nods.

"Okay. What is it?"

"I have feelings for you. And I like you. There's something about you that drives me happy and makes me even more happy when you are. I want to be there for you. For the rest of your life and be happy with you. I guess what I'm trying to say is I think.. No I know. It's that I love you."

He smiles wide which makes me smile but then his falter and so does mine. He starts tearing up silently.

"Shawn?"

"I'm so sorry Cameron... You can't love me. You can't be that close to me. I didn't mean to make you feel that way." I felt as if my heart was ripped in half.

"Why not?" I say quietly.

"Because when I die I don't want anybody to be crushed and heartbroken. For my family it's inevitable. But for you... If we get too close I know that you'll find someone else when I die." He says sadly. I shook my head. Tears streaming down my face. "I went to the cardiologist last week. Dr. Goldy. She says my heart could give out soon. And I'm still in the ten year waiting list."

"I don't care. I want to spend as much time as I could with you. And IF you do die I will only need your memories. I don't need anybody else."

"Cameron..." He says tears dripping off his face.

"And... it'll be a privilege to have my heart broken by you." I say looking into his eyes.

"You fucking asshole." He runs up to me and kisses me.

Our lips move in sync and Shawn leans me down to the bed. It is the best feeling ever. So blissful and heart racing. I can feel my body radiating heat through my cheeks. It's a whole new feeling. The tingling in my stomach and lips. The overflowing feeling of happiness and craze in my blood. It is amazing.

We stop and Shawn lays down on my chest.

"I love you too." He says. And I am so happy he said that. I can feel my heart jumping of joy. Not literally though. "Too bad my heart can't handle sex." I turned my head to him and I can feel my face burn up. He laughs at the look of my surprised face.

"You're crazy... Crazy hot." I cuddle closer with him and laugh.

"I know I am. But anyways I'm getting sleepy. Mind if I sleep on you?" I smiled.

"Of course. I'll wake you up so we can have fun together." He nods and smiles.

"Okay. Love you."

"Love you too."