CHAPTER THREE

I pulled into the driveway of Hadley's house and honked my horn. She came hurrying out with her hair once again pulled back in a ponytail, a simple purple shirt and jeans.

"Hey!" She said cheerfully as she slid into the passenger seat.

"Hey," I replied as I put the car into reverse and slowly backed out of the driveway. "So are we just buying food or do you need anything else?"

"Um," Hadley said, putting a finger to her chin. "Mostly food, though I do need toothpaste and stuff. Oh that reminds me, I was going to tell you, but Izzie is sharing my tent."

"Oh," was all I said as I pulled out of her neighborhood and headed for the local grocery store.

"Well she asked, and it's not like you and I can share. Otherwise people would really think we're a couple," she stated.

"Yeah even though it doesn't really matter what they think, but I get it. Who says I'd wanna share with you anyway?" I raised an eyebrow at her. She pulled a face.

"I just assumed you might want to is all," She shrugged and faced forward in her seat.

"You snore," I teased and poked my finger at her. She swatted it away.

"I do not!" She said confidently.

"How do you know? You're asleep," I said smugly. She narrowed her eyes at me.

"Griffin Huxley you better be telling the truth and not spreading lies about me!" She demanded playfully. I just laughed.

"I only tell the truth woman!" I declared, sticking my tongue out at her.

"Uh uh. Not about....everything!" She said, dragging the last part out. I cringed.

"Oh shut up. Just because I don't need to tell the world, especially when there's no real reason to," I said.

"How is there not a reason to? It's who you are!" Hadley said, before putting her face close to my ear. "You. Are. Gay!" She said loudly.

"Sheesh!" I said, shoving her back into her seat. "Stop distracting me I'm driving! And besides, the whole world doesn't need to know about my sex life. Especially when I'm single."

"Ew. I definitely don't need to know about your sex life! You're like my brother, it's weird!" She exclaimed, wrinkling her nose at me.

"Serves you right for being so nosy," I told her. She rolled her eyes.

"Fine. So who are you going to share a tent with anyway? Maybe I'll pick someone for you," She wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"You do that and you're dead to me," I said defiantly. "I don't need to share with anyone."

"Well what about Zaiden? He's a friend?" She offered.

"I'm pretty sure him and April are together and therefore they wanna share," I chuckled. "You know there's probably gonna be a lot of hooking up on this trip." She shrugged her shoulders.

"You never know! Maybe we should buy some beer to loosen everyone up. Especially you." She pointed a finger at me.

"Oh that is definitely not a good idea. Besides, I don't drink, and neither do you," I replied.

"You're no fun," she whined.

"Oh please. Zai will probably bring some. Or maybe whoever else people have invited will have some. Who knows."

We pulled into the parking lot of the grocery store and I parked the car in a good spot.

"Do you always have to park way far away from the entrance?" She complained as she got out.

"What? Is walking a little more too hard for you Hadley?" I teased, walking around her towards the doors. She huffed.

"Fine. You and you're precious car. Grif, seriously."

"It's my baby," I shrugged. "I don't want scratches or dings." Hadley followed on my heels as we made our way into the store.

"So is everyone bringing food? They better be because we shouldn't have to buy for-

"Yes! Everyone's chipping in," Hadley said, cutting me off. "Don't worry." She smiled and then started leading the way down the aisles.

We made sure to buy eggs, cheese, pancake mix and hash browns for breakfast. We bought hot dogs (which we were probably going to eat every night for dinner) ketchup, mustard, hot dog buns, stuff for sandwiches, etc.

"What else do we need?" I asked impatiently. I was getting tired of being here.

"Well I need toothpaste and a new toothbrush. C'mon," Hadley said, leading he way towards the toiletries aisle.

"I already have most of this stuff. Ya know, since I'm prepared and all," I teased. She just brushed it off.

"I'm prepared for this trip just by being here right now and getting all of this done," she said, picking out the items she needed. "Oh I almost forgot, I need more tampons." I rolled my eyes and looked away. "Oh don't be such a guy!"

"Well it would be one thing if I had to buy them for my girlfriend or wife, but since I'm not ever going to have either I don't wanna even think about you.. and blood...and ew.." I shivered.

"You're hopeless. Perhaps I should buy you some condoms? Hmm?" She said loudly. "Look here's some!" She grabbed a box of them and waved them in front of me.

"Shh. You don't have to tell the whole world that shit! Sheesh!" I said, swiping them out of her hand and putting them back. "I'm no slut," I declared.

"Just because you're planning to enjoy yourself doesn't make you a slut," she told me.

"Oh so are you planning on doing it with some random guy?" I asked, glaring at her. "Because I would hope you're not. You're better than that."

"Okay Mr. Righteous I really don't need to be discussing this with you but since you asked, no. I don't plan on having sex with anyone," she replied. I gaped at her as she walked around me and out of the aisle. I honestly don't know how more people don't know I'm gay. If I wasn't gay, I'm pretty sure that Hadley wouldn't say the things she does to me. I laughed to myself and then followed after her.

Once we had checked everything out and we had everything loaded into the car, Hadley turned to me.

"Grif I really just want you to be happy. You know that right?" She said seriously. I regarded the look on her face for a moment.

"Of course I know that. The thing is though Hadley, you don't have to worry about me. I'm a big boy I can take care of myself."

"But some guys need a wingman. I can be your wingman!" She said excitedly. I scrubbed a hand over my face.

"I don't need a wingman," I replied, chuckling slightly. "I just...when I'm ready and I meet someone, I'll know. Trust me, you don't need to worry about me dating or anything. I'm totally fine with the way things are right now."

"Are you sure? You know you can always tell me anything," She said slowly. I turned to look at her once more.

"I mean yeah would I love to meet someone awesome right now? Of course. I want to be loved just as much as anyone else, but am I okay with the fact that I'm not dating anyone at the moment, yes," I told her. She nodded as she seemed satisfied with my answer.

"Okay," was all she said. I turned the key to start the engine before shifting into reverse and backing out of the parking space. I was lucky to have a good friend who cared so much about me, I thought as we drove back to Hadley's house.