CHAPTER TWELVE

I turned in early that night, party because I knew Tyce was avoiding me and I wanted to avoid him as much as possible before he came in to go to sleep, if he still was. His stuff was all still here in the tent so he had to be. I also was pretty tired from being outside and the day's events so I knew I'd fall asleep fast.

I slipped off my shirt and changed into the same shorts I wore the first night. It was a little chilly so I hurried to get under all the blankets and I turned the flashlight off.

I could hear a couple people laughing and talking, about what I didn't know. I closed my eyes and started to doze off.

I woke up with a start to the sounds of rustling around. I laid there for a second and realized it was Tyce inside the tent. Since I was facing away from him I pretended to stay asleep.

Before I knew what was happening I felt his arm fling over the top of me and he stuck his face up behind my head, snuggling up to me. I wiggled and rolled over, moving away from him.

"What're you doing?" I asked sleepily in the darkness. I could just make out his body laying there but I couldn't see his expression. He chuckled. "Don't you dare start making fun of me," I said tersely, glaring at him in the darkness. He sat up, facing me and sighed.

"I just, liiike you Grif-Griffin," he slurred. He chuckled some more and moved in towards me. I put my hands up and pushed him away, my hands touching his already bare chest. "You have nice lips," he laughed again. The realization hit me.

"You're drunk," I said in disbelief, shaking my head. "What's the matter with you?" He slung his arm around me and pulled me in for a hug.

"I don't know, I've ne-neverrr...drank that much before," he slurred some more. Those damn guys and the beer they brought. What the hell was I going to do with this all night? I sighed loudly. Tyce scrubbed a hand over his face and laid down on his back. "I don't, I don't kiss many people," he was saying in the darkness as I laid back down slowly, turning away from him. "But when I do, I mess things up," he muttered as he clearly started to drift off. He rolled over again and wrapped his arms around me. I sighed and rolled my eyes. Once you are sober you won't be clinging to me. I guess I'll enjoy it for now. A small smile tugged at my lips, knowing that at least for a minute, Tyce was holding me as I fell asleep.

When I woke up it was late morning and I couldn't believe I had slept this long. I also felt too hot and a little sticky.

It was then that I realized Tyce still had his arms wrapped around me. I could feel his chest against my back. I didn't wanna wake him, and okay maybe a little selfishly even though it was slightly too warm in here I couldn't resist. He'd probably be hungover though from last night.

Suddenly he stirred, mumbling something I couldn't quite make out, even though his face was right behind my head. He tightened his grip briefly before pulling his hands away. I could hear his sleeping bag rustling, meaning he must have rolled over.

"Ughh," he moaned. I turned to look at him. His arms were above his head, covering his face as he laid on his back, exposing his nice, dark pits. I was trying not to drool some more, even if I was frustrated with him.

"Uh, morning," I said lamely, looking down at him as I propped myself up on an elbow. I chewed on the inside of my lip nervously.

"Morning," he replied groggily, his voice muffled because he was still hiding his face. "It's, er, really bright." I chuckled a little.

"Yeah we slept in," I replied, nodding even though he couldn't see it.

"It hurts," he muttered, still shielding his eyes.