CHAPTER FORTY FOUR

I didn't have anywhere in particular to go and I really didn't feel like talking any further about it so I ended up getting some lunch for myself and driving around aimlessly for what seemed like forever. After a couple of hours my phone rang again. It was Tyce.

"Hey," I said as I tapped the green circle and held it up to my ear.

"Hey Griffin! So how did it go?" He asked. Well I can definitely tell what's on his mind. I thought.

"Um. Well my sister was all good about it," I told him.

"Hey that's great!" Tyce replied cheerfully.

"Yeah, my Mom pretty much thinks I'm a different person and apparently my Dad is disappointed, but I didn't talk to him directly," I said. There was a pause.

"I'm sorry Grif, it sounds like they just need some time to realize it's no big deal," he said, a hint of worry in his voice, even though he tried to hide it. "Do you want me to like..try to talk to them? He offered. I nearly choked on that thought.

"Er, I don't think that would be the best idea," I said.

"Yeah, maybe not. I just thought maybe it might help," He replied.

"As charming as you are," I said, "I don't know if they'd even listen to you. I don't want to put you in that position." He chuckled.

"So I'm charming huh?" He asked, and I could almost see the smirk on his face. I felt my cheeks heat up once again.

"Yeah, you are and you know it," I replied, chuckling a little.

"Well I'm glad you think so," he said.

"So are you off work?" I asked.

"I'm just getting ready to leave now," he told me. "Where are you anyway? Are you driving?"

"I uh...Yeah I'm driving," I stumbled over my words. I didn't quite know what to say, and I was a little embarrassed that I had nothing to do for most of the day so I spent it alone.

"Where'd you go?" I heard him ask. I was busy thinking of possible things to say. In the end I just settled on the truth.

"After talking to my mom I couldn't stay there, so I just went for a drive around..." I trailed off. I bit my lip wondering what he would think of that.

"Sometimes drives are nice, they help clear your head or calm you down," Tyce said. I was reminded why I liked him so much. No, I more than liked him.

Every time I even thought about him, my heart lept into my throat and the butterflies would explode in my stomach. I blushed every time his name got brought up in conversation and I couldn't help but completely relax and melt whenever his lips touched mine. My mind wandered to last night, seeing him naked, touching his skin, feeling every curve of his body and feeling his hands on me...It all just made me feel things I didn't know I could feel. I didn't even know how to describe it. There were no words for it. I was pretty sure I was falling in love with Tyce. He was the sweetest, kindest, smartest, most beautiful and handsome man I had ever known.

"Griffin? You still there?" Tyce said. I shook my head slightly to clear the thoughts.

"Yeah I'm here, sorry," I said.

"Babe you have a lot on your mind, I just want to make sure you're okay," Tyce said softly. I blinked. He called me babe again. I started blushing even though I was by myself because I just thought it was cute.

"I'm sorry Tyce my thoughts are just all over right now," I told him. "I'm okay though."

"Promise?" He asked. I smiled.