CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

By around noon the skies had completely cleared and the temperature continued to climb which was nice.

"Hey," Hadley said, walking up to me as I was sitting on the log watching the fire we had been burning all day. "Would you and Tyce want to go for a walk with us?" She asked.

"Sure, who's all going?" I replied. She looked around for a second before answering.

"Just us, plus April, Paisley and Zaiden," she said. I nodded.

"Huh. So I guess our camp really is split in two," I told her. She furrowed her brow at me.

"What do you mean?" She asked, clearly confused.

"Well we don't ever do anything as one big group. We don't even eat together really. Everyone stays separate," I said, looking down at my hands. I felt like it was all my fault.

"I guess so, but it's kind of been that way the whole time. I mean nobody really talks to each group except Zaiden and April but that's because they were the ones who knew those guys," Hadley explained, sitting down next to me. I shrugged unconvinced. "Grif what is it? Why does it matter anyway?"

"I don't know, I mean, Tyce has become friends with us, and I feel like because of what happened between him and me they don't like us now before they even gave any of us a chance," I said. Before Hadley could respond Tyce came over.

"Hey guys," he said, sitting on the other side of me. His leg brushed up against mine, sending tingles throughout my body from the contact. What could I say? He certainly had an effect on me whether he knew it or not.

"Hey," Hadley and I both replied.

"Hey Tyce do you think that-" Hadley began before I gave her a stern look. She caught my meaning. "I mean, I uh asked Grif if you both would be down for a walk, like go exploring," she stammered. He looked from her to me and then back again.

"Sounds good," he replied, nudging me. "I'm sure there's a lot of places to see around here. You should bring your phone so you can take some pictures," he said with a smile. It was contagious whenever he smiled because I couldn't help but do it back. It was as if seeing him smiling at me lit up my whole world in ways nothing ever had before.

"Sweet! Well let's go!" Hadley said excitedly, standing up.

"I'll be right back," I told her, hurrying over to the tent to get my phone. I rejoined them a few minutes later. Zaiden and April were standing together talking to Tyce and Hadley along with Paisley.

"You all set?" Zaiden asked with a grin. I held up my phone.

"Ready," I replied. With that, we set off walking in the direction of the lake.

"Are we planning on going to the lake?" I asked.

"Nah," Zaiden replied, shaking his head.

"We want to see what's beyond it," April chimed in. "Didn't you notice the trail keeps going past it?" She asked. Tyce and I looked at each other.

"No we didn't," he replied, chuckling a little.

"To be fair their attention was elsewhere," Paisley added with a smirk.

"I won't deny that," I said lightly, turning my nose up at her playfully. Tyce chuckled and Hadley gaped in surprise. "What?" Zaiden and April turned around.

"So you admit it?" Hadley asked. I looked around at everyone.

"Okay guys let's clear the air," Tyce interjected. "Grif and I had some...er..miscommunication and I'm sorry it made things awkward for a bit there. But it's all good now," he told them, smiling brightly at me. Oh god, way to make me swoon some more. My cheeks heated up and I covered my face with my hands.