CHAPTER TEN

"Did you bring a swimming suit?" Tyce asked. I nodded.

"Yeah but I don't know how cold the water is," I replied, looking into my bag.

"True. Maybe I'll just stick my feet in," he said, rummaging around in his bag.

"Did you not bring something?" I asked, looking over at him.

"No I did," he said. "I made sure to bring some of this too," he added, holding up a big orange and white bottle.

"Oh sunscreen!" I exclaimed. It was one thing I forgot.

"Haha yeah being pale I don't wanna get burned!" He said, laughing slightly.

"Oh me either! But you aren't pale," I observed. I mean he was white, but his skin was by no means pale.

"You're too kind," he chuckled and slipped off the shorts he was wearing, exposing his grey boxer briefs. I almost gaped at the sight. It was over quickly though as he slipped on his red swimming shorts and tied them up. I tried to avert my eyes so that I wasn't watching his hands near his crotch.

"I'll meet you outside," he said when he was finished, before slipping out of the tent. I quickly slipped out of my pants and into my blue swimming shorts before following him.

Once outside, we fell in step next to each other and walked away from our tent and to the left or the fire pit area. There was a path leading off into the trees and based off my walk the other day, it took about 15 minutes to reach the lake.

"So," Tyce said, kicking a pebble as we walked. "What's your story?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, like how did you end up coming on this trip?" He replied. I thought for a moment.

"Well to be honest Hadley pretty much made me come."

"Oh?" He said, raising and eyebrow. "So you didn't really want to?" I figured I might as well be honest.

"Not really. I mean, meeting people I don't know super well isn't the easiest for me, and I don't know most of the people here." I shrugged a little. Tyce cleared his throat.

"Why not?" He asked.

"Huh?" I said.

"Why isn't meeting new people easy for you?" He explained.

"I don't know....I guess I...I guess I'm just shy so I don't make friends easily," I said.

"Hmm," Tyce replied, as if he were thinking about it. "Well you made friends with me pretty easy." I thought about that for a second.

"Well that's mostly because you make it easy. I mean, I don't know you that well yet, but you seem pretty easy going and nice, so yeah..." I trailed off.

"Thanks I'm glad you think so, you're nice too, letting me share your tent and all," he added.

"Thanks," I said shyly. I caught a hint of a smile playing on Tyce's lips.

We kept walking and eventually we reached the lake. It was down a lot lower so the trail wound back and forth down the hillside until it opened up onto a rocky shore. There were pine trees and other trees here and there, and it was so peaceful and quiet. You could hear the breeze moving through the trees.

"It's beautiful," Tyce exclaimed, taking in the view. I nodded.

"For sure. How cold do you think it is?" I asked curiously.

"Only one way to find out!" He grinned, yanking his black shirt off and exposing his chest again. I instantly got hard. Oh god. This is what I was afraid of.