CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

"Guys I'm starving," April complained as we all kept walking.

"Hiking was supposed to be fun," Paisley muttered, causing Hadley to snicker.

"What?" April asked, "We've been walking for a while and haven't had any lunch."

"Maybe we should start making our way back?" Tyce suggested, trying to be the peacemaker. I smiled at him. The more I got to know him the more I liked him. Not only was he physically gorgeous, but he was also very sweet and thoughtful of others. It was as if I had completely forgotten how I felt a few days ago, when I thought he basically used me as an experiment. I realized how silly that was now. I was broken out of my daydreaming about Tyce by arguing.

"Would you please stop whining?" Zaiden was saying. "We're all tired of it!"

"I'm not whining," April said, stomping her foot. "I'm just suggesting we go back!"

"And I'm just telling you what nobody else will! We're all hungry! But nobody else is whining repeatedly about it!" Zaiden yelled. April crossed her arms and moved away from him, while the rest of us stood there awkwardly. "We should go," Zaiden huffed, turning back around and walking the way we came. Everyone silently followed with April now bringing up the rear.

"So," Tyce suddenly said, glancing over at me. "Tell me something I don't know." I furrowed my brow at him.

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously. He thought for a moment.

"Like something I don't know about you," he said as we continued walking.

"Oh. Uh, I'm not very good at talking about myself," I told him, kicking at a pebble on the trail.

"When I was in high school, I asked this girl to prom," Tyce started. "I knew I was gay but nobody else did at that point. I didn't even like her," he explained, shaking his head and chuckling slightly.

"How'd it end up going for you?" I asked.

"It was alright I guess. I think she was disappointed that I didn't at least kiss her or anything. I didn't even try. We left early and I honestly couldn't wait to get out of there," he laughed.

"I never would've guessed," I told him.

"What? That I went with a girl? You didn't even know I thought you were cute," he replied, causing me to blush.

"No I meant I wouldn't have guessed that you had an awkward prom date," I answered. "I mean, if anything you seem to be so confident and sure of yourself. Well most of the time," I added, winking at him. His cheeks flushed this time.

"I'm not as sure of myself as I let on I guess," he chuckled. "I mean, you made me nervous. You make me nervous," he said seriously. We both stopped walking at the same time. April kept going, walking around us with her arms still folded like a pouty little girl. Tyce and I both tried to hold our laughter as she passed by.

"I make you nervous?" I asked incredulously, pointing at myself and then at him as I said it. Tyce looked down shyly.

"How can you not?" He asked, lifting his head back up and laughing a little.

"I guess I never thought I'd be considered intimidating to another guy," I said, chuckling.

"Why not?" Tyce asked.

"I-I don't know, I just never thought of it that way I guess. Guys have always intimidated me," I said laughing.

"So you're saying I intimidate you?" I asked, lowering his voice and closing the space between us. I took a deep breath but didn't reply. A smile tugged at the corners of his mouth. "So, something about you I don't know?" He reminded me. I had completely forgot he had asked that originally.

"Um...uh," I stammered. "When I was like 8, a friend and I spit marshmallows out of a plastic marshmallow gun at passing cars." I slapped myself internally at how stupid that was. Tyce pulled back a little and looked at my face in surprise. "What?" I asked a little defensively.

"Look at you, a little rebel," he said chuckling. I poked him.

"Hey!" I said. We both chuckled. Tyce leaned in slowly, we got closer and closer until I could feel his breath on my face. His hands wrapped around my back and I pulled him closer by wrapping my arms around the back of his neck. Our lips finally touched and those same sparks I felt in the lake that day came rushing back. I couldn't quite explain the feeling but I didn't want it to stop. It gave me a complete rush. I deepened the kiss, slipping my tongue into his mouth. Tyce kissed me back eagerly, swirling his tongue with mine.

"Ahem," someone cleared their throat, causing us to break apart suddenly like two kids caught on the playground kissing. "I was just, uh making sure you guys were coming," Hadley stammered, looking at her shoes instead of us. "So uh, s-sorry. Bye!" She said, quickly turning on her heel and running back down the trail. Tyce and I looked at each other for a moment before breaking into a fit of laughter.

"We should get back," he said. I nodded. As he started to walk, I followed him, touching my lips with my fingers. They were still tingling.

"There you two are!" Paisley exclaimed. "We were beginning to think you'd gotten lost," she said as Tyce and I entered the camp. Tyce looked completely normal, but I could feel my cheeks burning with heat and I just knew everyone could see my embarrassment. Zaiden was trying to stifle his laughter and even April had a smile on her face. Obviously Hadley hadn't kept her trap shut after she stumbled upon Tyce and I.

"I'm uh, gonna go, er, get a drink," I mumbled before hurrying over to the cooler for something.

"So how was it!?" Hadley asked excitedly from behind me. I rolled my eyes before turning around to face her.

"I take it you blabbed to everyone?" I asked, giving her a look. She bit her lip.

"I couldn't help it!" She stammered.

"Hadley!" I groaned.

"Oh stop! It's no big deal! Other than I want details!" She smiled widely.

"Ugh. I am not giving you details. It was a kiss. That's all," I said.

"That's all?" She repeatedly, clearly not convinced.

"Well you saw it," I said, crossing my arms. She giggled.

"I saw a full on make out session! Was there tongue!? It looked like it," she rambled on.

"Shhh!" I said, covering my face with my hands. "Stop talking," I told her sternly. My face was seriously burning with embarrassment. What could I say? I was an incredibly private person.

"It was hot!" She said, "and cute. And did I mention hot?"

"Hadley please stop. You're embarrassing the shit out of me," I whined, causing her to giggle some more.

"Fine. Just one more thing," she said quickly, "you should've bought those condoms!" She winked, and with that she skipped back over to the others who thank god were out of earshot.

I had to admit, I definitely wouldn't be able to stop thinking about that kiss. It was...well it was literally perfect. I was excited the whole walk back after that, and still was now that I noticed. By excited I mean...I was happy....in my pants. Oh god, I hoped nobody noticed! My underwear felt painfully tight as I quickly adjusted myself before rejoining everyone else over by the fire pit.