CHAPTER FORTY ONE

[A/N: Okay so first off, this is the longest chapter so far and it is very mature! Just FYI. Also, I still don't know how good I am with these types of scenes so I hope it's at least decent. Let me know ;)]

Tyce and I were still laying there in the bed of the truck long after the sun had disappeared and it slowly became darker and darker. Along with the loss of light, the air also became cooler, allowing me to snuggle even closer to Tyce (if that were even possible at this point). It felt nice under the blankets too. I felt like never leaving his arms because it was so perfect and I felt calm even with all of the turmoil that was happening for me back home. 

My phone buzzed a couple of times and I looked at it. I had a text and a call from my dad and Hadley texted me making sure I was alright. I replied to her then turned my phone off without a second thought. I didn't want my mind to get distracted while I was having such a nice moment with Tyce. He turned his head and looked at me closely as I set my phone back down. He rubbed my arm gently. 

"What are you thinking about?" He asked gently. I turned and looked back at him with a smile. 

"I'm thinking about....you," I replied, my eyes took in every feature of his face. 

"And what about me?" He said softly. I thought for a moment. 

"How sweet you are," I said, gently touching my fingers to his cheek. "And how glad I am that I went on that camping trip." I ran my hand gently along his scruff. It tickled my fingertips but I liked the feeling. I felt slowly around his jawline. Tyce's eyes never left my face. "How beautiful you are..." I whispered. I moved closer, so that my face was inches from his. My eyes flicked down to his lips. Tyce's breathing was steady, his chest rising and falling softly. It was so quiet that it was practically all I could hear, but maybe that's just because I was so focused on him. He put his hand up softly around the back of my neck, pulling me closer. Our lips touched once more. We kissed slowly at first. His lips were so soft and perfect. I wrapped an arm around Tyce, gripping his hip under the blankets as I rolled over, virtually on top of him but yet still under the blankets. I ran my hand up his side as I kissed him deeper, probing his mouth with my tongue and trying to memorize what it felt like. 

Tyce broke away suddenly, and he pulled back to look at me curiously. I sat back, feeling embarrassed and wondering if I did something that he didn't like. 

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked worriedly. He moved in a lightly pressed his lips to my cheek before taking my hand in his. He shook his head. 

"Of course not," he replied quietly. "We should probably head back though." I frowned slightly and I'm sure Tyce noticed but he didn't say anything. He hopped down from the tailgate and started gathering some of the blankets and pillows while I pushed the rest down towards him so that they were within reach. Once that was done I jumped down and joined him. We threw everything back in the backseat once more and then climbed in to drive back to Tyce's place. I was hugely confused but I didn't want to press anything further so I stayed quiet as Tyce turned the key and pulled out onto the road. 

I turned and looked out the window when I was caught off guard by Tyce grabbing a hold of my hand once again, with his other hand on the wheel. I turned and looked at our hands and then at him curiously. He just smiled at me without turning his head away from the road. I curled my fingers around his and smiled a little. 

When we got back to Tyce's apartment, he seemed like he was in a hurry. He quickly started grabbing stuff out of the back and he took as much as he could carry. I chuckled at him while I grabbed the rest of the stuff. He locked the truck from behind the mountain of pillows and blankets he was carefully balancing and we made our way back to the apartment. He fumbled around with the keys for a moment before he finally made it into the lock and turned, pushing the front door open.