CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR

As I headed off to the gas station I sang along to the various songs that came on, even though I'm pretty sure I'm a terrible singer. I looked at myself in the rearview mirror, seeing myself with my black sunglasses on. It felt so good to be out and about without too much of a care in the world right now. I was looking damn good today which I was glad for. I didn't want Tyce seeing me looking all gross. 

Once the gas tank was full, I replaced the cap and climbed back in, eager to get to Tyce's place since I had never been there and didn't know exactly how to get there. He had given me his address and I had put it into the maps on my phone. I could use the freeway to get there but since I was already running a little early I decided to take my time driving through town. It was too hot to have the windows rolled down unfortunately so I had to settle for the air conditioning. I cruised around in my car, steadily making my way towards Tyce. 

About 20 minutes later I pulled up at an apartment complex that had a pretty cool sign at the entrance that read Blackstone Ridge in dark metal that was on a wall of stone. There was a waterfall in the middle of the entrance, with one side being where you entered and the other being where you exited the complex. Overall it looked really nice and clean and fairly expensive looking so I was certainly impressed. I wonder what Tyce did for work. 

I slowly made my way around the various buildings, looking for the one that Tyce's number block was on. I found an empty parking space and pulled into it. I then grabbed my phone. 

Hey I'm here I texted Tyce. 

Do you see me? He messaged back. I looked around the building in front of me, seeing if I could spot him. Sure enough, he was waiting out front. I can't believe I didn't see him when I pulled in unless he just barely got there. 

Yeah I'm in the blue car I texted back, chuckling to myself as I turned the key and opened my door, stepping out onto the pavement. 

"Hey!" Tyce called over to me as he began walking in my direction. He was wearing a plain white t shirt with some dark grey or maybe even black tight shorts. 

"Hey," I said back a little shyly. It hadn't even been that long since I'd seen him but it almost felt like it had been forever. He smiled brightly at me as we reached each other. I didn't know what to do at first so I just kind of stood there awkwardly for a second before Tyce wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a close hug, his dark stubble tickling my cheek. I hugged him back and relaxed into his embrace. 

"It's good to see you," He said as he pulled away, still smiling brightly. 

"It's good to see you too. I kind of missed you last night," I said. A look of confusion crossed his features and I suddenly worried I had said the wrong thing. I mean it was a little weird I supposed. "I mean, well..er...I was sort of used to you being there at night," I stammered awkwardly. He chuckled. "What?" I asked a little defensively.

"You're kind of adorable when you get all embarrassed," he replied, winking at me. He turned, motioning me to walk with him, which I did. I couldn't help but notice that his dark shorts showed off his ass perfectly, and I felt a stirring down below. I quickly tried to shake my thoughts as we slowly made our way towards his place. "But you don't have to be embarrassed. I was kind of thinking the same thing last night when we were talking," he admitted. 

"You were?" I asked, a little excitement edging into my voice. 

"Well we have slept together a lot," he said with wink, causing my cheeks to heat up even more. He bumped me with his shoulder, chuckling. "Well this is it," he announced, as we stopped in front of a door inside a long hallway, the black numbers 125 adorned the big white door. He unlocked the door and stepped inside and I followed behind him.

The place was really nice and very clean. I was certainly impressed. There was a small entryway which gave way to a living room. There was a black couch with some grey pillows and a fairly large TV on the opposite wall. There was grey carpet in the living room, with tile that looked like a wood floor leading from the doorway towards the back where the kitchen and small dining area was. 

"This is it," Tyce announced as he stepped aside and let me look around a little. 

"It's really nice!" I exclaimed as I looked around. 

"Thanks I like it. I've got two bedrooms and a bathroom and this complex is fairly new so that was what attracted me to it," He told me. 

"I'd love to have something like this. Is it expensive?" I asked. 

"Nah it's not too bad. It's not cheap though either," he replied, chuckling a little. "Well come on in. I'll show you the rest." He waved me in. I followed him down a small hallway and on the left was the bathroom. It was a nice little bathroom with a small cabinet and sink, a nice mirror and a shower with a tub. The same wood looking tile was used in here as in the entryway, kitchen, and dining room and it looked very nice. The first bedroom was on the right just past the bathroom. It wasn't huge, but it wasn't small either. Just a very nice size. It has a simple queen sized bed in it with a dark grey comforter and black headboard. There was a small bedside table with a lamp on the one side. I followed Tyce to the last bedroom. 

"This one's mine," he said and I peered around him and looked through the doorway. His room was clean, but lived in. He had a big thick black bed that had drawers built into the bottom and it had a large headboard. The other bedroom only had one window while this one had two. A simple but elegant dark purple bedspread nicely complimented the black bed itself, and he had one nightstand that matched the one in the other room that had a lamp too. He also had a big black dresser on the wall opposite his bed, and there was a small TV mounted on the wall above the dresser. I turned to look at Tyce.

"I'd say you're doing pretty well for yourself," I said with a grin, raising my eyebrows. 

"Thanks Grif," he said sincerely. "So I was thinking...do you wanna maybe get something to eat and then..." He scratched the back of his neck. I noticed he does that when he's a little nervous or unsure of himself, and I smiled. "Maybe we could go to a movie or something? If you want to of course," He added. 

"That sounds great," I replied. 

"Cool, I'll drive," he wiggled his eyebrows at me and I followed him back towards the front door. 

As he locked the door behind him and we walked back down the hallway I found myself just staring at him again. I never thought it would be possible to like someone this much. I mean, not only was he insanely good looking, but he was also kind and genuine. I also couldn't forget the fact that he saved my life. 

"What?" He said as he caught me staring. I blushed again. 

"Nothing, I was just wondering what you drive?" I asked. 

"Well, it's nothing much, but I think you'll like it," he replied, giving me a wink. When we entered the parking lot I stopped as I saw the truck we were heading towards, giving Tyce an incredulous look. 

"What?" He shrugged innocently. 

"A black Chevy Colorado!? It looks brand new!" I exclaimed. I was clearly more excited about it than he was. It had nice black and chrome rims and it clearly was at least a 2015 model. "I'm so jealous of you!" I said as he opened the passenger side door for me.

"I'm not all that great," he said shyly. I scoffed. 

"Yes you are," I told him sincerely, which caused him to blush a little and smile at me. Damn him, could he possibly turn me on even more? Nice face, nice job, nice place, nice car, nice...ahem. Well you get the point. I felt insanely lucky that he even talked to me. The me who still lived at home with my parents and worked a part time job.