Chapter 53: Gaining Some Confidence

"So, how about we go back outside? I have to finish kicking Billy and Jay's asses," Zak said.

I laughed and nodded as I stood up, picking up my water as I did so.

"So you and Aaron are winning?" I asked.

"Yep," Zak said, grinning as we walked back toward the patio doors.

"That's my man," I teased as we walked outside.

Zak laughed, but looked slightly embarrassed.

"Bro! Get your ass back over here!" Aaron called from the basketball court.

"I'm coming!" Zak called, then looked down at me.

"Kiss for good luck?" He questioned, turning his head so his cheek was facing me.

I smiled as I laughed quietly, then jokingly sighed in reluctance.

"I suppose..." I said, leaning up a bit to kiss his cheek.

Zak grinned.

"Luckiest man on Earth right now!" Zak exclaimed proudly as he jogged back over to the court.

I laughed quietly, my face flushing a bit, before I walked back over to the girls.

"Welcome back...are you okay?" Cheryl asked, looking unsure.

"We're sorry if we upset you, we shouldn't of brought up Shannon," Diana said, Ashley nodding in agreement.

"It's okay. Zak and I talked and we're good," I said, sitting back down in my chair.

"Good," Ashley said with a smile, and I smiled in return.

"Foul!" We suddenly heard Zak call from the basketball court.

"It was not!" Billy retorted.

"Was too!" Zak shot back.

The four of us laughed.

"Men - can't shoot em, can't live without em," Diana remarked before taking a sip of her beer - causing the four of us to laugh hysterically.

~*~*~*~*~

Half an hour later...

Zak and Aaron had won the basketball game - at least they said they did - but Billy and Jay had argued the fact.

After they had finished with their game, Aaron, Jay, Cheryl and Ashley decided to play a game of volleyball in one part of the pool. So Aaron, Jay and Cheryl set up a small net, while Ashley went and got a waterproof volleyball from Zak's garage. Billy had discovered around the same time that they were almost out of beer, so he and Diana had left just a few minutes ago to pick up some more. Zak had sat down with me to rest after the basketball game, and to keep me company as I watched the others playing volleyball in the pool.

After some time had passed, he noticed I had finished up my water, and offered to get me another one, which I agreed to. As he walked toward the house, I saw Zak pull his tank top off over his head before disappearing inside. That action had led me to thinking about what Cheryl had said earlier in the day, about helping Zak with sunscreen.

I had to admit to myself, I was starting to get warm in my top and skirt, and I knew if I wanted to go into the pool, I'd have to strip off eventually. I mentally debated with myself before deciding to just go ahead and do it. It would be less embarrassing to take the top and skirt off now without Zak watching me, and Cheryl was too distracted with the game to tease me.

I stood up and pulled my top off over my head and folded it up and put it in my bag, and then I slipped the skirt down off my hips and down my legs until I was able to step out of it. I then proceeded to fold up the skirt as well, and also put it into my bag.