Chapter 99: Halloween Planning

"Man, that was the best meal I've had in a long time," Zak said, rubbing his stomach happily, after placing the last dish in the dishwasher.

I tried not to laugh at how cute he looked as I finished wiping off the counters and the island.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it. I have to admit, I was worried about it all day..." I replied sheepishly.

"Aww doll," Zak said, with a slight smile. "You should know by now that you don't have to worry when it comes to me," Zak added, causing me to smile.

"I know...but telling me not to worry is like telling me not to breathe," I replied.

Zak walked over to me and leaned down and gently kissed my cheek.

"Well, I'll say this instead. It was delicious, doll," Zak said.

I smiled up at him.

"Thank you," I replied softly.

Zak smiled as he picked up his phone and turned off the music he had playing throughout our meal, and then pocketed his phone.

"So what now?" He asked.

"I dunno...watch a movie?" I suggested, still unsure of myself with this whole dating thing.

"Hmm, how about video games?" Zak asked, smirking slightly.

Oh boy...I thought, knowing what the smirk was about. The last time we had played video games, we had sat together on my oversized bean bag chair.

And I had that dream when I fell asleep...

Thank god he didn't know about that!

"I think the PlayStation is broken," I joked, which caused Zak to laugh.

"Yeah right, come on!" Zak said, walking into the living room and pulling out the bean bag chair from the corner Cheryl and I kept it in.

I felt butterflies in my stomach again, thinking about how Zak and I always experienced sexual tension when we were close together, but at the same time, I found myself eager to cuddle up with him.

"Alright, alright," I jokingly replied in a reluctant tone.

Zak laughed as he positioned the bean bag chair in the middle of the room, facing the TV, and then plopped down onto it.

"What game do you want to play?" I asked as I walking into the living room, and over toward the entertainment centre.

"You pick," Zak said, as he got himself comfortable in the bean bag chair.

I smiled a bit to myself as I looked through my gaming collection, and decided on "Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception" as the "Uncharted" franchise was one of my favourites – especially since I had been involved in making it – and because I was pretty sure Zak would enjoy it. There was a lot of action and funny moments.

I turned the console on and slipped the "Uncharted Collection" – which had remastered editions of the first three games - disc into the Playstation 4 Blu-ray drive, and then grabbed a controller and began to jokingly walk toward the couch.

"Hey, get over here!" Zak exclaimed, getting up a bit and reaching over, wrapped an arm around my waist, and pulled me back toward him.

"Ahh!" I shrieked in surprise and then started laughing as Zak and I both basically toppled backwards – thankfully onto the bean bag chair – but I landed on top of him.