Chapter 101: Costumes Revealed

Roughly 10 minutes later...

"There, all done!" I said, standing up after using the feather brush to lightly spread some baby powder over the black makeup I had applied, to help it last longer. I stepped aside to let Zak stand up and watched him as he walked over to the full length mirror to look at the makeup.

"Woah! Perfect, just what I wanted!" Zak exclaimed, turning his head one way, and then the other.

I smiled.

"Good, I'm glad," I replied, as I began picking up my things to take back to the guest room.

"Thanks doll," Zak said, smiling at me before he leaned down and kissed my forehead.

I smiled once again before leaning up and gently kissed his cheek, which caused him to smile brightly.

"I have to go finish getting ready, I have barely started," I said.

Zak nodded and then suddenly, a smug look appeared on his face.

"Need any help?" Zak asked, smirking at me.

I laughed despite my shyness.

"No!" I replied, and quickly left the room, hearing Zak's laughter echoing down the hall.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Roughly half an hour later...

Once I had returned to the guest room, I closed the door and got to work on finishing my costume. I took off the hoodie I had used to cover myself and tossed it on the bed with my other clothes, and then adjusted my corset a bit.

I then used the more than ready curling iron to create some waves along the length of my hair. Once that was done, I divided some of the hair on top of my head into two sections, and pulled them back until they joined and used a clip to secure them. I then proceeded to do the same thing with some hair near my temples, securing this section of hair over the previous one with a hair clip.

After fiddling with my hair for a bit longer until I was happy with it, I unplugged my curling iron and began on my makeup. I only applied the bare minimum as I normally did, except for one minor change – I applied a slightly thicker line with the eyeliner, to give my eyes a more mysterious look.

With my makeup on, I had one final thing left to do – the vampire bite.

~*~*~*~*~*~

After I finished applying the vampire bite prosthetic, and let some fake blood dry on my neck, I was finally ready. I made sure I had unplugged my curling iron, and did a quick clean up before I opened the guest room door and quietly peaked out into the hall.

No sign of Zak.

I walked out of the room and started down the hall toward his room, wondering if he was still there, but I stopped in my tracks when I heard my name being called from behind me.