Chapter 120: Big Nose Kate's

When Zak and I reached "Big Nose Kate's Saloon", we walked inside to find Aaron checking over the equipment.

He looked up when he heard us walk in.

"Hey Munchkin, you okay?" Aaron asked, looking more sympathetic than I could ever recall seeing him.

I knew he was only asking me because I had been possessed - regardless of how briefly it lasted. I knew Aaron wasn't trying to tease me, or make fun of Zak and I's experience.

Before I could answer, I felt Zak tense beside me. I gently took his hand in mine and gently squeezed it to reassure him. I felt his own hand squeeze mine in return before letting my hand go, and as he looked down at me, I felt him relax again.

"I'm good, thanks Aaron," I said, smiling reassuringly at him.

Aaron nodded as he smiled in return, and then motioned to the equipment on the table.

"I brought your digital recorder and camera for you," Aaron said. "The batteries are still good," he added.

"Thanks Aaron," I said, smiling at him as I stepped forward and picked up my digital recorder and slipped it into the pocket of my jeans.

"Where are Billy and Jay?" Zak asked, as he stepped forward as well and grabbed his recorder from the table.

"We're back at nerve centre," Billy responded through Zak's walkie talkie. "Do you need one of us to come down?" Billy asked.

Zak unhooked his walkie talkie from his belt and held it up near his mouth.

"I'm not sure yet," Zak responded, and looked at me as he spoke again. "I'm gonna have Aaron and I go downstairs to investigate the Swamper area, and thought Ali could hang around upstairs," Zak explained.

I knew what he was thinking: was I comfortable being on my own again?

"I'm up for that," I said, knowing that there were reports of paranormal activity in the bar area.

"Are you sure?" Zak asked.

"Yeah, I'll sit at the bar and quietly do some EVP sessions, so I don't interfere with you guys downstairs," I suggested, since I knew walking around on the wooden floor would contaminate any potential evidence they picked up below me.

"Alright," Zak agreed, speaking both to me and to Billy. "Billy, you and Jay watch us from nerve centre," Zak added.

"No problem," Billy responded, and Zak hooked his walkie talkie back onto his belt.

"I'm going to take the SLS camera downstairs," Zak said, as he picked up the SLS from the table. "Aaron, take a digital recorder down too," he added.

"Alright," Aaron replied, as he picked up his digital recorder and put it into a pocket of his trench coat. He wasn't wearing his usual "lockdown vest" – the one that had multiple pockets – because it would of interfered with his cowboy look.

While Zak began booting up the SLS camera for use, I picked up my handheld camera and walked over to the bar, and sat on one of the wooden bar stools.

I glanced across the room to make sure I was still in view of the static-x cameras, and then set my own camera down on the bar at an angle that would record me the entire time, but obviously at a closer angle.

As I continued setting up and preparing my handheld camera for filming, I heard Zak walk over to me.

"Hey...are you sure you're okay with this?" Zak asked softly, watching me with concern in his eyes.