Chapter 77: Aaron's Attack

Roughly twenty minutes later...

The three of us were making our way up a set of stairs, that lead to multiple doors and chambers. There were so many different ways to go, it was insanity. We all kept voicing different opinions on which way to go, to the point of silliness.

"Let's go this way," I said, motioning to a door nearby.

"No, let's keep going up," Aaron said.

"Listen to you guys," Zak said.

"But-" I started, ignoring Zak.

"This way wasn't open last night," Aaron replied, cutting me off and also ignoring Zak.

"Oh my god, you're both, 'let's go this way', 'let's go that way'," Zak said, indicating with his hands and pointing in a variety of directions, mocking Aaron and I.

"That's a secret guard-" Aaron started, but Zak spoke up again.

"There's five thousand different doors and staircases," Zak exclaimed.

"I know, but I'm telling you-" I started, but then Zak cut me off.

Arg!!!

"Let's just pick one and go!" Zak said.

"Go that way first, cause we'll always go up," Aaron said.

I kept my mouth shut.

Zak decided to go up the set of stairs Aaron indicated. He only went up a few steps before he stopped, the stairs making some fairly loud creaking sounds.

"Is this staircase secure?" Zak asked.

"I don't know, I haven't gone up them yet," Aaron replied, stating the obvious.

Oh my god, I'm going to kill the both of them! I thought in frustration.

~*~*~*~*~

We reached a landing, that opened up into a decent sized chamber. But I noticed that Zak slowed in his movement as he reached the landing, and he flicked on his flashlight and aimed it into the chamber.

"Oh my god," Zak said, quietly. "Oh shit! Did you see that?" He added, speaking louder now.

"No, I wasn't here. What was it?" Aaron asked, reaching the landing next and moving to one side of Zak.

"Oh, that's our shadows being projected by your light," Zak said, chuckling.

Aaron and I both chuckled too.

"Debunked!" Aaron exclaimed.

"Let's go in here and do an EVP session," Zak said, walking into the chamber and taking out a digital recorder from his pocket.

"Alright bro," Aaron replied, as he and I followed Zak into the chamber.

As we slowly walked across the chamber, Zak started asking a few questions while holding the digital recorder out in front of him.

"What did the Satanic Worshippers do to this castle?" Zak asked.

Silence.

"Did they bring the Diablo?" Zak asked, but instead of pronouncing it Dee-ab-low, he pronounced it Dee-ab-lew.

I managed not to laugh, and didn't bother to correct him. With the way our current status was, he'd probably snap at me.

"That's 'devil' in Romanian," Zak said softly, glancing over one shoulder before looking straight ahead again.