Chapter 118: Things Get a Little Risqué

Meanwhile...

Alicia's Point of View

Shortly after reaching the basement, Billy had contacted me over walkie talkie and asked me what I was doing, and I told him I just planned to do an EVP session in the poker room and bedrooms, which he seemed fine with.

Once I got my bearings in the poker room, I hit the record button on my camera.

"Alright, I'm down in the basement, in the poker room," I said, as I panned the camera around, everything green due to night vision. "I'm going to try to see if I can capture any EVP's," I added, holding up my digital recorder in front of the camera and then hit the record button.

"Howdy boys, how ya'll doing tonight?" I asked, holding the digital recorder out in front of me, and slowly panned the camera across the room.

No audible response as I took a few steps forward.

"Who's winning big tonight?" I asked, holding my camera steady on the poker table.

I stayed silent for a few minutes, and then rewound the digital recorder and played it back to see if I had picked up any voices.

"Howdy boys, how ya'll doing tonight?"

After a few seconds of silence, I nearly jumped out of my skin when I heard a distinctive gunshot, and then what sounded like a man moaning out in pain. But because it was an EVP, it was faint and partly muffled.

"Oh my god!" I exclaimed in shock, pausing the digital recorder, and then turned my camera to film myself. "That sounded like a gunshot, and a man moaning in pain...legends say 26 people were killed here during it's time," I said, then turned my camera around to show the digital recorder again, and hit play.

"Who's winning big tonight?"

Again, there was a brief period of silence, followed by a man's raspy voice, but I couldn't make it out at first.

"That sounded like a man's voice," I said, filming myself again as I rewound the recording, and hit play, and held the digital recorder close to my ear and the camera. This time, I just barely made out the EVP – a man's raspy voice saying "hello darling".

I couldn't help chuckling quietly.

"Well, sounds like I caught someone's attention," I said into the camera, before turning it to face forward again, held up the digital recorder, and hit record.

"Hello to the man that said hello to me...is there something you want to ask me?" I said, mentally putting two and two together.

There were bedrooms down here where ladies of the night conducted their business, I was dressed up as one, and a man came through saying "hello darling" – if I was right, perhaps this man wanted to "hire" me.

After staying silent for some time for the digital recorder, I rewound it to play it back.

"Hello to the man that said hello to me...is there something you want to ask me?"

Within seconds, the same man's voice came through. It sounded like he was asking a question, but the only distinct word that I could hear was "bedroom".

Oh boy...guess I was right, I thought.

I hit the record button on the digital recorder again, and then started walking toward the bedrooms.

"Do you want me to go into one of the bedrooms?" I asked, and walked into the first bedroom, knowing there was a static x camera set up in the corner, recording the bed.