Chapter 1

"Buonas dias!" I said. The woman looked at me like she thought I was mistaking and I was living in Spain instead of Italy. "Hello?" I said then, waiting for her to react. "Oh, ehm, hello." She hesitated a bit but then she asked me the question. THE question.

"Is Gianluca here?"

"Gianluca? Which Gianluca?" I said, trying not to reveal I was laughing on the inside. I loved fooling journalists. Gianluca always said I was being naughty, but of course he thought it was funny too. Normaly I wouldn't do such things. But this was just one little innocent joke (multiply that by the hundreds of times I did that). 

"Gianluca from Il Volo!" she said. I looked at the women like I didn't know who she meant at all. And she didn't seem to understand I didn't know Gianluca Ginoble was living in the house where I was living.

"Gianluca Padovani?" I asked, using the surname of my new friend I always meet in the supermarket.

"No," the journalist said, still amazed by the fact I didn't know about who she was talking.

"Gianluca Calvo?" I was probably saying names of people that really exist.

"No not that Gianluca. I mean...", and then she smiled and her eyes lit up, "... Gianluca Ginoble!" That face, so recognizable! It was like she saw a miracle or something comparable. It could only mean, the real Gianluca, who really was a kind of miracle, was standing behind me.

"Oh, you mean that Gianluca, why didn't you say that immediately!" And then I turned around, starting to laugh a bit. When our eyes met, Gianluca nodded a bit and smiled to me. And I could hear him think 'you're so mean!', but not in a way like really 'mean' of course.

I went to the living room and tried to listen to the conversation between my Gianluca and the 'very relieved because she was at the right address' journalist. She said first the things like "so nice to meet you!" and "how are you". Gianluca only said the standard things too, like "I'm fine! How are you". But all in Italian of course. She asked him whether he had time to answer some questions. Even thought Gianluca was a very good person, he told her to make an appointment with the management. I could almost hear the disappointment in the journalist her voice when she said goodbye.

Gianluca came back. "Same story as always?" I asked, but actually I already knew. "Indeed", he smiled, "my fiancee fools the journalist and I get rid of them in a friendly way."
There it was again, he called me his fiancee. My heart jumped out of my chest. As always when he said that, because everytime he did, I realized Gianluca and I were going to marry and be together forever! Like... forever...and ever....and ever...and, yeah you know what will follow. Imagine being 70 years old and walking on the beach, still hand in hand like 18 year old kids. There was no one else but Gianluca who I wanted to share my whole life with. Luckily, he thought the same about it.

Gianluca still stood there, in the door opening of our living room (we removed from the apartment to this charming little house, somewhere in Abruzzo of course). He stood there like a statue, frozen, not moving at all, only his eyelashes went up and down sometimes. And just before it started to feel awkward, he said "this could be the best day of my life!" "Wait...why?" I asked confused, hoping I didn't forget that it was a very special day. But no, our anniversary was last summer and my birthday too. His birthday is the 11th of February, so that was not it. And he already asked me to marry him. So what was he thinking about?

He stepped forward, and I still wondered why he said that. Then he almost ran to me, so fast it went all of a sudden, and tookme in his arms to give me a long and passionate kiss. "Wow" I smiled. Everytime he did something like that , I felt like flying...in heaven...surrounded by Gianluca...and Gianluca...and Gianluca...and Gianluca...Gianluca's everywhere (only the Ginoble's of course). And that was not because I wasn't satisfied with one Gianluca but to express that my feelings for him multiplied with every single second.

"What day is it? Why is this the best day of your life?"
"Isn't that obvious then?" He sat down next to me and took my two hands in his warm hands. "This is another beautiful day I can spent with my princippessa!"
I giggled, now it was clear it was just a normal day. I mean a special day. Because every normal day was a special one. And every special day was normal since my new life with Gianluca. "Declare further!" I giggled. "Well, my principessa is cute!" He kissed me on my nose. "My principessa is sweet." He kissed my left cheek. "Wonderfull!" Now he kissed my neck. "Extremely beautiful!" Then he kissed my right cheek. Then he stayed close to me, so close I had difficulties seeing him not too hazy. "And every new day, I realize I am the happiest person on earth!" And then he kissed me on the lips.

"Idem", I said right after that. He laughed "I declare my love for you like five minutes, and you say just 'idem'? Well, Aline De Smedt, that's why I loveyou so much!"
"Well, Gianluca Ginoble..." I said, but I couldn't come up with something new to say. I just kissed him. And that's how we started another amazing day together,only the two of us.

Italy, Abruzzo, Sunday the 2th of December 2018