Chapter 41

First stop was the town hall. The official part was about to start! Soon I would be officially his wife. Everyone was so happy there that I felt honored it was all because of us two. Gianluca looked me in the eyes and I saw some tears coming. I only gave him a big smile so he knew it was going to be perfect. Then I took his hand and we sat like that the whole time. It was a beautiful moment, certainly the moment when Ernesto and Liene had to sign the marriage licence. They couldn't stop crying. I had never seen Ernesto cry before! Basically, all the people who never cried were crying the most. If that's not magical...

We both chose our younger sibling as a witness. But actually, we couldn't really choose. There were a lot of people important to us. So the ceremony, which didn't take place in a typical church, would have other witnesses. We decided to have the ceremoy on the same place where the wedding reception and party were going to be. It was a very beautiful building and that was great since we had to look at it because the party was actually outside the building. The weather was luckily very good. It was warm like a hot Belgian summer day. For the Italians it was just a normal day I guess. Everyone sat on their chairs and then we had to walk to the 'altar'. Gianluca gave me his arm and showed me his adorable smile. Then I looked left and right to see our families and couldn't hide my happiness. We both kept smiling to everyone.

We finally reached the altar, of course not a real one but something that looked like it. The pastor greeted us and then we sat down on the beautifully decorated chairs. The flowers I saw everywhere perfectly matched my bridal bouquet which Gianluca had given me before we left the house. The bouquet were just white and green flowers, but it was perfect.

The music of the ceremony was the task of some friends of Il Volo

The music of the ceremony was the task of some friends of Il Volo. Of course he knew a lot of Italian artists and every single one of them had a beautiful voice. Piero and Ignazio wanted to sing too so they sang 'mas que amor'. Gianluca couldn't help but singing with them. He sat next to me on the chair, holding my hand and finally he even ended on his knee and sang the song to me, still together with Piero and Ignazio.

It was time for the wedding rings. My heart pounded very fastly. I was afraid I was going to do something stupid on my own wedding. And this was a moment where it would be very embarrassing. So embarrasing that I would hide myself for the rest of the wedding. Luckily it all went as planned.

"I, Gianluca Ginoble, take you, Aline De Smedt, to be my wife. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life."

I did the same and then Gianluca had to place the wedding ring on my ring finger. Finaly, I had to do the same to him. I placed the ring on his finger when a tear roled out of his eye corner. When I saw that I felt them coming too, the tears. So I quickly said my last sentences so I wouldn't make it too akward.