Chapter 42

It was time for some speeches, the dj said. It was certainly the most excited, or maybe for me nerve-racking, moment. Gianluca stood up and the dj handed him a mic, otherwise only a few people would have heard his beautiful speech.

"My sweet, lovely wife...Aline" My stomach filled with butterflies again when he said the word 'wife'. Was I now really Misses Ginoble? Aline Ginoble? That sounded great but yeah...anything that ends with Ginoble sounds great.

"Four years ago, I didn't even know your name. Now, there is nothing I don't know about you anymore. I know what you are all thinking now: "what with those lost memories?" Well, me and Aline talked so much with each other the last three months, that I know everything again. And also our precious letters helped a lot! So like I said: I now know everything about you but still... I will never get bored of being next to you. That's the definition of love, I think. Actually, I'm sure about it! I hope...no, I know you luckily feel the same about it. Because a life without you...is no life!"

I felt I was going to cry but I had to give my own speech soon, so I tried to listen without crying. My plan failed of course.

"Since I remember almost everything now..." Unexpectedly everyone started cheering and clapping. Gianluca was a healthy man again and everyone was certainly very happy to hear that! He probably didn't expect an applause in the middle of his speech so I saw his eyes were filling with tears too. I took his hand and he looked to me again with the most tender smile I ever saw of him. He continued his speech while holding my hand, it helped us both.

"Eh...thank you all..." Gianluca said, clearly very thankfull about the support. "I want to share that applause with my wife..." then he looked me in the eyes. "...who had a hard time too. She's the best wife I could ever imagine. She gave me love, she gave me hope and helped me to remember everything. Well at least I hope I remember everything," he laughed. "Maybe you'll regret helping me remembering it all..." he said to me and I was so curious what he was going to say now. "I remember how you sing under the shower..." Oh no, was he going to give that kind of speech. But of course I could laugh with it. Nothing could make me feel uncomfortable anymore. Or maybe my own speech could. 

"Some false notes then fill the air, but not a lot of course!" he quickly said, winking to me. "I remember you stumbled on a crooked paving stone one day. Luckily I was there to catch you!" he smiled. Oh god, I remembered that too! Although it was an embarrassing moment, it was beautiful too because he catched me with both his strong arms and then twirled me around in the air! 

"I remember you taking all the bed cheets while you're dreaming...about me for sure!" he said, giving me another wink. I didn't even know I did that, he never told me. 

"But I also remember... I loved it all! I love every single thing you do! And I also remember...I always did! Since the very first moment I saw you in the audience! And I'll always love you! Until the end!" Everyone started cheering when he suddenly kissed me passionately. "Ti amo!" he said to me. "Ik zie u graag!" I said in Dutch, my mother language and I was so happy when I noticed he totally understood it. "Ik u ook!" he said, meaning 'I love you too'.

"And now let's hear what the bride has to say!" the dj suddenly said. "Oh no..." I said. "You're gonna do a great job!" Gianluca assured me.

"I've always dreamed about a prince who would save me from the bad things in life. I also thought that would never ever happen, because it only happens in fairytales. And after some very cruel things that happened a few months ago, I now know... life isn't always a fairytale. But even then... you can find your prince. My prince is called Gianluca Ginoble. And he's the most wonderful person I've ever met. And even though, life isn't always a fairytale, Gianluca makes me forget that every day. Because every time I look in your eyes, I forget all my worries and sorrows. Just like the first time you looked me in the eyes. Something magical happened that night. And that 'something' is called 'love'. It will always be love! It will always be you and me! Per sempre!"